010

Im in the bathroom, brushing my teeth before I leave for work. Ive already looked out the window and seen Steve waiting outside, this boy is tugging on my heart.

I walk back to my room to get changed, passing Billy's bedroom. "Billy? You're back where have you been?" I walk into his room. He sits on his bed looking down at his hands. "Billy? what's wrong?" I step even closer, but he stays still and silent.

I lean in, touching him on the shoulder "Bil-" I scream bloody murder as he jolts up, throwing me  into the wall "Billy, Billy get off!" I scream "Y/n??" Max comes sprinting in "Max!" I shout.

"Billy let go!!" She grabs his arms, but her facial expressions quickly change "Billy!" I scream even louder as he starts to cut off my airway. His eyes, its like he came back to life for a brief second, letting me go.

"Holy shit Billy" Max crouches down beside me as Billy walks out the house, not a single word said. 

I sit on the floor trying to catch my breath as some panic sets in. "Y/n, are you okay?" Max places her hand on my back. She looks out the window, noticing Steves car.

"Steve!" Max runs down the stairs and outside, following closely behind Billy.

"Is she okay?" I hear Steve burst into our house and running up the stairs behind Max as I sit on the floor, crying my eyes out like a child. "Whats going on what happened?" He kneels down opposite me, taking hold of my hand.

"I, I don't even know, that wasn't Billy" Max stutters "What?" Steve looks up at her with a frown "He was zoned out completely, I grabbed his arm and it was so stiff, nothing could've stopped him" she tries catching her breath "Im fine Max" I look up at her with a weak smile, I care for Max so much, she's been through a lot and it kills me she has to be around Billy and see these things happen, happen to her too. 

Steve turns his attention back to me, taking hold of my other hand that I held around my own neck "let me see" he pulls it away, revealing Billys hand print. "What? oh my god am I gunna die" I spit in a panic "No but you're gunna be pretty bruised" Steve winces at me.

"Im okay, go downstairs let me get dressed" I pull myself together, mainly for Max's sake. "Its fine you don't need to come in-" I quickly cut Steve off "No I am, its okay go with Max" I stand up and walk to my bedroom, closing the door behind me. 

**

"Alright lets go" I walk down in my uniform with a scarf wrapped around my neck and looking half decent for the day ahead. "Are you sure" Steve stands up asking, I nod then turn to Max "What are you doing today?" I need to make sure she's okay "Im going to meet El" she smiles "Want a ride?" Steve offers to which she accepts.

The three of us get in his car and sit in silence the entire journey. "Just here is fine, thanks Steve" Max jumps out the car, turning and giving me a smile before walking to Els house. I lean against the window, watching all the cars pass us by as we arrive at the mall. 

"You two are late??" Robin stands with her arms crossed as we walk into the backroom. "Yea sorry, my fault I woke up late and im her ride so" Steve shrugs, my eyes dart to him as he looks over at me "Thank you" I mouth to him as I place my bag down.

"Alright Harrington" She rolls her eyes and we start to serve customers.

**

The bell, ringing over and over and over again, forcing me to turn around to the till "Id like to try the peanut butter chocolate swirl, please" I roll my eyes, the same damn kid "No, no more samples today" I smile "why not?" She argues back. I step forward "Because... you're abusing company policy" I shrug at her, she lets out a loud sigh "Wheres the sailor man" she demands, causing me to laugh, Steve Harrington, the sailor man and apparently, a push over.

"Sorry, he can't help you he's... busy" I raise my eyebrows at her "Busy with what?" she shouts back "Spycraft" I smirk at her before turning back around to my magazine. 

"Robin?" I question as she sprints out of the store, reciting the code she figured out last night. "What the hell?" Steve turns as she pushes past him and Dustin coming back into the store. They turn around following her back out. "yet again, left alone to run this shitty place" I roll my eyes and turn back to my magazine.

"I cracked it, I cracked the code!!" Robin runs back in with Steve and Dustin "What?" I jump off the counter and stand infront of them "The code we were trying to figure out last night" I roll my eyes at them "Why would there be some Russian code" I frown at them. "Just, believe me, come on".

We follower her out the store at the end of the day, to the roof of the mall. It pouring down with rain as we sit on the roof, hiding, drenched in rain as Dustin uses his binoculars to see what's going on. 

"They're with that whistling guy, ten o'clock" he whispers to us. I lay beside Steve, who looks so much more sexy with wet hair. "what do you guys thinks in there?" Steve points to the boxes they're carrying. "Guns? Bombs?" Dustin starts throwing out guesses.

"Whatever it is, they're armed to the teeth" Thunder and lightening strikes causing me to jump "Great" Steve wipes his face to try get the water out of his eyes. "More boxes" Robin says "Lemme see it" Steve grabs Dustins binoculars and takes a peak after the two of them fight over it.

"Shit" the binoculars drop making a loud thud "Duck!" Steve whispers as all of us roll down onto the floor before the guards can see us "Stop fucking around unless you want us all dead" I whisper shout at the two of them. We all sit panting as I grip onto Steves hand tight, the two of us look at eachother before quickly letting go and putting our hands by our sides.

"Come on" Steve gets up and we run to the door to get us back inside. "I think we found your Russians" Robin turns to Dustin with a smile. 

**

I fall asleep in Steves car on the way back home after an exhausting day. "hey, hey" Steve shoves me to wake me up "wheat" I groan, rubbing my eyes adjusting to the darkness. "You're home" he giggles. I sit up and grab my bag "oh, thanks Steve" I yawn before opening the car do "Wait" he grabs my arm causing me to flinch "are you okay to go in, alone?" he looks down to my neck

"Yea, I cant see his car here so he's not home" I shrug "Are you sure?"he asks again, I look at Steve and then back to the house "Alright fine" I get out the car, Steve following close behind. "Max? Billy?" I call out as I close the door behind us "hey" Max calls back, I let out a sigh of relief. "come on" I take Steves hand and pull him up the stairs.

"why are you in Billys room?" I stand confused as Max and El search through his things. The two of them look at eachother and back to me "Max what are you doing" I ask again. "I saw something" El replies to me "Like what?" I turn to Steve confused, but he seems to understand. 

"I saw Billy kill someone"