017

I quickly turn my back "fuck" I whisper to max "what are you going to do" she asks "I need to get out of here, quick help". "Uh, uh she isn't feeling to well we are gunna go outside" Max turns and says to everyone "Y/n wait" Steve calls out. "Y/n?" Eddie says with a confused tone. "Fuck" I let out a sigh and turn around.

"Eddie" I swallow the lump in my throat. "Do you mind getting your hands off my boyfriend" I glare at him "Boyfriend?" he smiles and turns to Steve, letting go and dropping him. I put my hands over my face, in shock that my ex boyfriend is here, in Hawkins.

"Are you okay?" I walk over to Steve, wiping the sweat from his face. "Is, is that" he tries to speak "Mhm" I mumble, my heart racing at a million miles per hour, its Eddie. I feel sick, so sick I think im going to throw up. "You're joking, right" Steve looks up at me "No, I wish I was" I look down at him.

"You said, if you ever saw-", "we will talk later" I stand up and walk back over to Max.

"What the hell are you doing here" I stand opposite him. "You two know eachother?" Dustin asks but gets ignored "y/n" he steps forward, placing a hand on my cheek, sending cold chills down my body "Dude!!" Steve walks over, pushing his arm away. Eddie raises both hands up and takes a step back towards the wall. 

I look him up and down, stare into his eyes for a brief second but all the pain floods back, alongside some panic, I cant believe he's back. I shake my head at him, push past Robin and head back outside, leaving all of them to talk for a moment. 

"Hey, you okay?" Steve comes outside, finding me in a puddle of tears sitting on a log "No, im not" I wipe my eyes and turn to him "god he hurt me so much, I got so lucky with him like I did with you, its like history is going to repeat now that he's here" I say between sobs.

"Hey take some deeps breaths don't get yourself into a panic" Steve sits beside me, rubbing my back as I try to compose myself "What he done, id never do, im so into you I couldn't even dream of looking at another girl y/n, you're perfect, okay?" I shake my head and wipe my tears.

I stand up and walk back inside as they are all speaking, with Steve following close behind. "Vecnas curse..." Dustin says as we enter. "Who's Vecna?" I hear Max ask. "An undead creature of great power... a dark wizard". "What the hell is going on?" Robin asks, finally.

"Its back, whatever got Billy, its back" Max turns to me. I let out a deep sigh and turn to Steve "here we go again" I mumble. 

"Your twin. Billy, he died im sorry" Eddie turns to my direction but I ignore him. "y/n please can we talk" Steve steps in "I don't think she wants to, plus you tried to beat my ass" he raises his voice "I don't think you need to speak for her" Eddie stands up.

"Guys that's enough" Robin groans and rolls her eyes.

"Y/n" Eddie calls my name again. "Dude" Steve shouts before raising his fist and punching Eddie in the face, causing him to fall to the floor. "Steve!!" I shout and run over "what the hell" I look down at Eddie "Uhm what on earth just happened" Dustin Asks. "For gods sake, okay everyone out, out!" I shout and point at the door for everyone to leave.

Its now just me and Eddie, alone inside...

"Im sorry he done that" I sit beside him apologising for Steve. "Its alright, you're his girlfriend now I get it" he wipes the blood from his lip and turns to me. 

"You hurt me Eddie, a lot, you made me feel like a worthless piece of shit" I shake my head while looking down at the ground. "I know, I never meant for you to feel that way" I laugh at him.

"Then why did you sleep with her? I loved you so much Eddie, so much my current boyfriend is actually worried I will go back to you, that is how much I loved you, god so much" I shout at him in frustration. "I loved you so much too, I still do y/n when you left it felt like part of my heart went with you" he places his hand on my leg, for a brief moment, god, it felt so right.

"No, don't touch me" I push his hand off "You didn't love me Eddie" I look over at him "I did, so much" he looks into my eyes "If you loved me you wouldn't have slept with that whore!" I shout "That doesn't mean I didn't love you!" he shouts back, I hear the door open and close again "Don't!" Robin shouts at Steve.

"You didn't Eddie, I was just a piece of meat for you to play with" I wipe away my tear "not even that" my jaw drops "Excuse me?" I turn my body fully towards him. "I slept with her because we stopped having sex, you stopped letting me touch you" he snaps. I hold back my tears "w..what" I choke up slightly.

"I knew your dad was starting to hurt you, I saw the bruises and the cuts all on your arms, I figured you didn't wanna have sex anymore because those bruises and cuts were everywhere and you didn't want me to question it" tears stream down my cheeks

"So you cheat on me" I look at him "It was wrong of me, I know, we should have just spoke" he covers his face with his hands "You broke me Eddie, Steve literally had to sit and wait around for me because of you, for ages I kept telling myself he didn't love me, that I wasn't good enough, hey I still do that and its because of you" I snap.

"I still love you so much y/n-" he grabs hold of my hand, I hold onto his for a minute as all the memories flood back. "No, no Eddie this is done" I stand up and wipe my tears "I love Steve Harrington, so much and he treats me how I should be treated" I sniff and open up the doors...

**Steve POV**

"They're shouting im going in" I grab hold of the door, but Robin slams it shut again "No Steve let them talk" I step back and continue to listen. "What the hell is going on" Robin and Dustin turn to max. 

"They were madly in love, like crazy Bonnie and Clyde shit, but he cheated on her, and then we moved away so" she shrugs, "Shhh" I whisper at them as I try to hear their conversation. 

*I knew your dad was starting to hurt you, I saw the bruises-*, "Shit" I step back after hearing what had been going on. *Steve literally had to sit and wait around for me because of you, for ages I kept telling myself he didn't love me* I stand with my arms crossed, listening to how hurt y/n is and the pain in her voice is breaking me.

*No, no Eddie this is done, I love Steve Harrington so much and he treats me how I should be treated* my heart sinks knowing she's hurting, knowing her past without her even telling me hurts more now. "She told me if she ever saw Eddie again, she would go back to him" I turn to Robin "What" she whispers "when we were friends she said that" I run my hands through my hair, worried.

"Dude, did you not just hear her? she just said I love Steve Harrington so much blah blah, dude don't do that" Dustin pushes me, trying to snap me out of this worry that sits inside. "Steve she really likes you, Eddie ruined her for a long time, don't worry" Max gives me a smile as the doors open up. 

**Y/N POV**

I open the door and see everyone standing, waiting for us. I walk over to Steve and fall into his arms "I love you" he mumbles in my ear as he holds me close and tight, never wanting to let go. "I love you so much Harrington" I sob into his shoulder as everyone goes back inside to make a plan on what to do next.

I pull my head up and look at him, he pushes my hair from my face and wipes my tears with his thumb gently, "I didn't sit around and wait for you, I knew you were the person I wanted, I was there with you, you just needed to realise that I was" he kisses my forehead and pulls me back into his chest.