Chapter 3

╔══════ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══════╗

Standing outside on the porch, I lightly knocked on Chrissy's front door. Her entire house made mine look tiny. Her front porch alone was the size of my entire bedroom. My hands fell to my sides as I waited. There were no cars in her driveway, so I wondered if her parents were present. I didn't ask if they were going to be. I had a feeling they weren't.

A few seconds later, Chrissy opened the door with a smile. She giggled when she closed the door behind me.

"I didn't think you would come!"

"I have to admit, I'm pretty nervous about this whole thing."

"You have nothing to worry about. Tonight is going to be epic!"

"Can I use your phone really quickly to let my parents know I'm here? Also, you can't let me forget to call them around 10, so they think I'm going to bed."

"Sure, it's in the kitchen."

I dialed up my number. Mom answered on the second ring, asked at least 5 questions, and then we were off the phone.

"Let's get ready! I have so many outfits for you to try on."

Chrissy grabbed my arm and pulled me along with her. I trailed up the steps behind her. Lining the walls next to the steps were various cheer photos of Chrissy throughout the years. It seems it is something she's been passionate about. I wanted to look at the pictures, but she rushed me up the stairs.

I couldn't help but giggle when we stopped into her room. Even though I was nervous, it was exciting. Chrissy's room is everything I'd expected it to be. Bright pink walls with pictures hung all over it of her and her friends and stickers that spelled out her name.

Her bed was enormous. At least 3 people could sleep in it and she had a white canopy hung over the top. Her bedsheets were satin white with fluffy pillows stacked neatly in the center. Her desk is next to the mirror in the corner.

"Try this one first!" Chrissy grabbed a hanger from her closet and passed it over to me.

I looked it over, seeing that it was a deep red dress that looked far too short to be worn by anyone–especially me. I looked at Chrissy, who gave me an encouraging smile. I'd at least try it on for her amusement, but there was no way I was wearing it out in public.

I slipped my shirt off, setting it on the edge of Chrissy's bed as I slipped the dress over the top of me. Chrissy came over and started adjusting it around my body. We looked at it in the mirror and started laughing.

She must have thought it looked ridiculous on me, too.

"Let's try this one."

Chrissy handed me a shirt and pants this time. It was slightly different because the clothing was more form fitting than my own.

The shirt was a lilac purple color that hugged my chest profoundly. The hem of the shirt reached just above my belly button and sat flesh to my skin. Paired with the blue jeans she picked out, it looked nice. The jeans closed the gap that would have shown my stomach. This outfit looked much better than the dress did.

"I like this one." I told her.

"Me too. Now, I think I know exactly which pair of shoes will look perfect with it!" Chrissy started digging through her closet and then eventually pulled out a pair of chunky heels that were an off shade of white.

I never really wore heels, but when I tried them on, it raised my height at least by 3 inches. Twirling, I showed Chrissy her masterpiece. She seemed pleased and then held up two new dresses to her body. We went with the pink dress for her. It hugged her silhouette in such a pretty way. Chrissy Cunningham looked like a model.