Chapter 14

I was sitting at the kitchen counter eating a sandwich, Archer had disappeared a while ago, something about an errand so I was sitting with Dayton.

"So, what shall we do today ?" I asked.

"Well I'm going into town to buy more clothes, why don't you come ?" I nodded.

"Let me get changed, I'll be ready in ten," I ran upstairs and threw on jeans and a vest with a low cut back, I missed wearing these, they were always my favourite, but since I was with Dayton I didn't have to hide them. I grabbed a jacket before meeting her in the car.

"How about this ?" Dayton held up a black crop top.

"Shows my hips," I put it back.

"Avalon," she pulled it back out. "What does it matter ? You shouldn't have to hide."

"It's not that I'm hiding, it's just I don't want to advertise tortured," she sighed and put it back.

"Fine, but I thought it looked cute," we walked around a little more before seeing a black and grey dress, the top was a grey corset type thing while at the waist it turned black and flowy, it reached about mid thigh, add in some tights and knee high socks it would look a really got dress.

"What about this one ?" I picked it up. "All I have to do is put a leather jacket on top and done," she smiled.

"It's beautiful," we put paid for it and walked outside. "Isn't that Archer ?" I followed her gaze and saw Archer walking out of a computer repair shop.

"Damn it," I quickly threw on my jacket.

"Archie!" Dayton shouted, causing him to freeze, like he just got caught doing something he shouldn't.

"Hey guys," he smiled and kissed my cheek.

"Hey, what are you doing out here ?" I pulled my jacket tighter around me, hoping he wouldn't notice.

"I had to get... something fixed," I raised a brow but brushed it off, it was probably nothing. "Anyway what are you guys up to ?"

"Shopping, we were looking for some new clothes," I shook my bag in front of him.

"Yeah, but we're done now so why don't you two go have some couple time ?" Dayton pushed me over to him, sending me stumbling into him. I gave her a panicked look but she just smiled.

"Day I don't want to be leaving you with all these ba-" she cut me off.

"Don't worry about it, go on, have some alone time, no one really has much of it anymore, enjoy it while it lasts."

"Fine, but I promise to make it up to you," She left and I turned back to Archer. "So, what do you want to do?"

"Well, my apartment is just around the corner, why don't we go watch a movie and order take out ?" I smiled.

"That sounds perfect," I gave him a quick peck on the lips before he lead us to the apartment. "Wow, I haven't been here for ages..." I looked around before jumping onto the sofa and kicking off my shoes.

"I know, it's been too long," He jumped next to me and pulled me onto his lap.

"So what shall we watch ?" I asked as we turned on the TV.

"Whatever you want," he pulled me back to him as we snuggled down to watch the movie. "Why don't you take the jacket off ?"

"Because it's cozy," I pulled it tighter. He let it go and we carried on watching Stardust, I sighed when the part came on when they get married at the end, and his parents are together. Archer must have noticed since he buried his head in my neck.