Chapter 9

~*~*Dream~*~*

"Come on Purity, give us a smile," I was only half conscious, I had hit my head down pretty hard but I was still half awake, I could feel and hear everything.

"No," I groaned and turned my head away.

"She speaks," Ben laughed and leaned in next to my ear. "Let's see if you scream."

I jumped up from bed screaming, I sat up and looked around panicked.

"Avalon!" Nadia pinned me down to the bed, which made me thrash more.

"What's happening ?" Skye and Pandora ran in and helped hold me down.

"Avalon calm down!" Dayton had jumped on me, straddling me and making me look in her eyes. "Avalon it's me, it's me."

"Dayton?" I calmed down and tried to stabilize my breathing.

"What's going on in here ?" Archer and everyone else burst into the room.

"A bad dream," the girls got off me and stood next to me as I got up. "Just a bad dream."

"So why were you screaming like a banshee ?" Archer went to step closer but I stepped back.

"Like I said, a bad dream," Archer's gave was challenging me to tell him different, but I stayed silent.

"Fine," Archer stormed out the room with everyone else left looking confused.

"I'm fine, honestly," No one seemed convinced. "Seriously, I'm okay, now go back to whatever you were doing, I need to train," I pushed past everyone and went downstairs to the basement, I needed to let my anger and disgust out, and the punching bag looked like my victim.

"So this is where you spent the last two hours," Hunter mused as he walked down the stairs. I had been punching the bag for a while now, since I had gotten I had taken off my top so I was in just shorts and a bra.

"Uh, yeah," I quickly grabbed my shirt and threw it on.

"Looks like you pack a mean punch," Hunter walked over to me, admiring all the damage done to the bag.

"Thanks," I grabbed my water and laid down on the floor. "So, what brings you down here ?"

"Skye and Pandora refuse to tell us anything without your Okay, honestly I don't know what could be so bad they can't tell us," I propped myself up on my elbows to look at Hunter.

"You'd be surprised," he shrugged and laid down next to me.

"It's good to have you back Loni," I smiled at him.

"Good to be back," I let out a breath. "Look at us, how times have changed."

"Yeah, I remember when the only time we talked was in psychology class," Hunter reminisced.

"Yeah, you called me Ariel a lot," I laughed, remembering when he ran into me the first day I noticed Archer watching me.

"Oh yeah... Well that was only because I had a huge crush on you and didn't want to seem like a dork," I sat up and looked at him in surprise.

"So acting like an ass and 'forgetting' my name would be a good way to act ?"

"In hindsight that was not my best idea," I laughed and fell back.

"Don't worry, as long as you don't act like that with Nadia everything should be fine," He looked to me with wide eyes. "Yes I know you like her, don't act so shocked, I'm a human emotion bot, and I can tell you like her."

"Don't tell her," I smiled over at him.

"Don't worry, she likes you too," I got up and walked over to the stairs, when I looked back at him he was staring into space. "You coming or what ?"

"Oh right, coming," he got up and walked with me, when we got upstairs we found Archer arguing with Pandora and Skye as everyone else sat around the dinning table.

"I think we deserve to know if Avalon is in danger!" He glared at them, Nadia, Dayton and Raine stood with them.

"Avalon is more then capable of taking care of herself," Skye glared at him. "Besides I refuse to tell you anything until Avalon says okay," he growled at her.

"Down Cujo," He growled at Nadia and stepped towards her.

"Down Leech," her fangs sprang out as she hissed at him, along with Skye and and Pandora.

"Wow," I ran over to them and pulled Archer back. "Calm the tension a little," Archer looked at me before wrapping his arms around me. "Guys put the fangs away," They hesitated but listened.

"Your boyfriend doesn't seem to understand the concept of privacy," Skye retracted her fangs.

"If Avalon is involved then I need to know so I can protect her!" I put my hand on Archer's arm to calm him.

"I can protect myself, but you guys should know what we are up against, everyone sit down."

"What's going on anyway ?" Vicky spoke up.

"There are some vampires who aren't very happy with a death that took place while I was there, this guy actually," I pulled the board out with the pictures of the four men. I pointed at Ben's picture.

"Is that ...?" I stayed silent as Vicky pointed at his picture. "Why are people avenging a-"

"He had a lot of friends there," Skye jumped in, I gave her a grateful look. "When Stefan killed him all of Ben's friends wanted to avenge him."

"Ben, Ben, where do I know that name from ?" Chloe rubbed her forehead.

"It was the name of the guy who killed Damien, he kept calling you Purity," Max gave me a cautious look.

"As I said, he had a lot of friends," I pointed at the map on the wall. "Now Skye and Pandora are going to explain the rest."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Are you sure you want to go back ?" I didn't like the idea of the girls going back to Stefan and Casey, after they had told everyone what to expect we had cleaned up and put it into boxes, we couldn't find the pieces of laptop but I figured that Archer must have put it in the bin with the broken chairs.

"Yeah, you have our numbers if anything goes wrong," Pandora hugged me.

"Promise me to text me if you need anything," I pulled Skye in for a hug.

"I promise," I felt something being shoved in my front pocket. "Av, you're one of the strongest fighters I've ever met, don't ever give in to them," She whispered lowly so only I could hear.

"I won't," I stepped back and gave them room to get ready to run. "Bye guys," I waved them off as they ran.

"What did she say to you ?" Archer kissed behind my ear, making me smile.

"Keep fighting."