Ning Ning did not lie. If Yu Sheng was still alive, then she would be locked in Pei Xuan's attic, pretending not to be able to hear, not to be able to see, to be a vegetable.

Wen Yu closed his eyes while he pondered over something. After a while, he looked up at her and said, "No matter what, let us give your mother a call, so that she doesn't worry too much."

At the next phone booth, Wen Yu told the taxi to make a stopover, then got off and gave Ning Yu Ren a call.

"I've been told, you took off with my daughter." Ning Yu Ren said.

"Please listen to my explanation," Wen Yu said, "it's regarding Pei Xuan..."

Ning Yu Ren interrupted him, "Can I leave Ning Ning with you temporarily?"

Wen Yu was stunned.

"As a matter of fact, I was clutching at straws and had gotten three people to look for Ning Ning." Ning Yu Ren let out a bitter laugh. "Too many cooks will spoil the broth. If the three of them were to find out what I've done, they probably wouldn't be happy about it, then they would not take care of Ning Ning willingly."

"Can I ask a question?" Wen Yu asked.

"Go ahead." Ning Yu Ren said.

"Why must you leave Ning Ning with someone else?" He looked at Ning Ning who was sitting by his leg. "She is still so young."

"I have something to deal with recently. She's...too young, she should not see these things." Ning Yu Ren let out a laugh. "I'm usually busy with work, I don't have time to make friends. I'm starting to regret it now. Once I've looked around, I could only find a few candidates to look after her...they are not the good kind either. You appeared at the right time, you have the conduct of Director Shi, I am very well aware of that. Can you do me this favour? Can you take Ning Ning in temporarily for a while?"

Ning Yu Ren was known as a person who was hard to get along with in the entertainment industry. She had money, she had fame, she had status, but she didn't have many friends. She also very rarely asked for help. When she asked for help this time, especially in such a sincere manner, Wen Yu found it hard to reject her.

"For how long?" He finally sighed.

"A few weeks, at most a month." Ning Yu Ren said, "Thank you... Finally, can you let me say a few words to Ning Ning?"

The receiver was swapped into Ning Ning's hands. She heard Ning Yu Ren say softly, "Ning Ning, if he asks why your name has the character 'Ning' in it, just tell him it's to commemorate Wen Xiao Ning..."

After the exhortation, Ning Yu Ren hung up. She was standing alone in the empty resting area. The corners of her lips were curved up, her eyes lit up in the darkness, like a beast that had finally found a chance to take revenge after getting hurt.

"Why don't you turn on the lights?" The lights were suddenly switched on, the director stood by the light switch and asked gently, "How are you? Feeling a little better? Can you continue filming today?"

"I'm fine now." Ning Yu Ren turned her head around. She had reverted to her usual demure as she smiled modestly. "Let's begin filming."

When she walked out of the room and past her assistant, she handed her mobile phone to them and casually gave an instruction. "Help me answer the phone if someone calls from home, tell them that I'm filming."

But she knew in her heart that no one from home would call her until two days later—which was to say until Xiao Yu was done filming—Xu Rong would call her. Xu Rong would then cry in the call, saying that Ning Ning had gotten lost, that she had tried to look for her for a very long time but could not find her...