The world is such a small place...

"...So it's you." Ning Yu Ren murmured. She remembered the past, remembered an old acquaintance. She breathed a sigh of relief, her tense body relaxing. "If it's you, it'll take a load off my mind..."

"Where are you now?" Wen Yu asked, "Should I send her over?"

Ning Yu Ren closed her eyes for a moment before opening them again. "No, don't send her here."

There was a commotion at the other end of the call. Ning Ning shouted for the phone repeatedly and finally snatched the receiver out of his hands. "Mama!"

"Ning Ning, remember the person Mama had mentioned to you before?" Ning Yu Ren said gently, "Mama will get him to pick you up immediately."

"But I want to go to you." Ning Ning said anxiously, "I have so many things to tell you."

Are you also sitting in the audience seat of Life Theater just like me?

Are you really my mama? Or are you someone else?

"...Mama also has a lot of things to tell you." Ning Yu Ren said with difficulty, "But now is not the time. Go with that person first. Once Mama is done dealing with the business I have on hand, I will look for you immediately, alright? Now let me speak to Big Brother Wen Yu."

Ning Ning handed the receiver to Wen Yu unwillingly.

"Your aunt was the person who helped me get my foot into show business, she was also the actress I idolized the most, so I named my daughter after her." Ning Yu Ren said, "For Wen Xiao Ning's sake, do me this favour."

Hearing a name he had not heard in a long time, Wen Yu closed his eyes. "..What do I have to do?"

"Bring her to the bus station nearby... No, better bring her to the nearest gas station, it's warmer there." Ning Yu Ren said, "Buy something for her to eat and drink and wait with her, I will immediately send someone to go fetch her."

"Alright." Wen Yu promised her. "What is that person's name?"

He wasn't sure what Ning Yu Ren had told him, but Wen Yu suddenly froze.

"What's wrong?" Ning Ning looked up at him, "What did Mama say?"

"...Nothing." He hung up and looked at her with a complicated expression for a while, then bent down and held her hand. "Let's go."

The two of them left the phonebooth and walked towards the nearest gas station. The snow was constantly falling, Ning Ning coughed repeatedly as she walked.

Wen Yu sighed again. "You're wearing too little."

Ning Ning wanted to say something, but she coughed again. She was wearing quite a lot when she had left home, but just before Xu Rong left, she peeled her hat and coat off her.

The sound of a zipper opening rang out from behind her. She looked back and saw that Wen Yu had taken off his coat. The white coat that was as long as her entire person wrapped her up from head to toe. Wen Yu knelt down in front of her and pulled the zipper up to her neck, then pulled the hood over her head, the fur surrounded her face.

"Endure it for a little longer." He encouraged her gently.

Ning Ning nodded. Holding his hand, the two of them left two long trails of footprints in the snow. A trail of big footprints, a trail of small footprints.

Half an hour later, at the gas station.

Wen Yu had bought a few bags of snacks from the convenience store at the gas station. He had also requested for two cups of warm water before he returned to Ning Ning.