"Is Mama's friend a boy or a girl?" Ning Ning asked out of curiosity.

"A boy." Ning Yu Ren answered.

This was very serious. Ning Yu Ren was well-known for not getting along with people in the circle. She had very few friends, and even fewer male friends. Someone who was close enough to her for her to be willing to let them babysit... Ning Ning asked carefully, "Is it Papa?"

The smile on Ning Yu Ren's face froze. She asked after a while, "Ning Ning, what kind of papa do you like?"

Ning Ning felt 囧1, "I can choose?"

Ning Yu Ren, "Let's hear it."

Ning Ning had no choice after Ning Yu Ren urged her on. She could only count her fingers as she listed them out, "Handsome, tall, good personality, loves his wife and children..."

As she started to list more and more qualities, the more she felt that that person was not like that.

If that person was truly that good of a person, Mama would not have left him and he wouldn't have ignored the two of them for so many years. Ning Ning was fine, she had Mama to love her, but who would be there to love Mama?

"...Forget it." Ning Ning reached out and hugged Ning Yu Ren. "I don't want anything else, all I want is for him to rush over to you when you need him..."

At the same time in another room, Xiao Yu was also hugging Xu Rong. She looked at her expectantly, "How did it go?"

Xu Rong sighed. "She didn't agree."

"Why?" Xiao Yu looked at her with astonishment. "Didn't you tell her that I'm already eight this year?"

"I did." Xu Rong said, "But it was no use."

"How could this be..." Xiao Yu muttered, then her mouth trembled and she started crying.

"Hush now, don't cry." Xu Rong patted her as she coaxed Xiao Yu in her arms. As she tried to coax Xiao Yu, she herself started to tear up. She said sadly, "If only I did the same back then, if only I had also left home to become an actress. We were similar back then. If I had entered the show business, I wouldn't have been much different from her either...that way I would not have to beg her."

"Why did you not leave home?" Xiao Yu sobbed as she looked at Xu Rong with a trace of grievance.

"It's my fault that I was too timid when I was young, I was not adventurous enough..."

A night passed.

The next morning, Xu Rong apologised at the dining table, saying that she was being too rash the previous night. Ning Yu Ren accepted her apology graciously. The two of them were childhood friends, they buried the hatchet (instantly), at least on the surface level.

After that, a car brought both Ning Yu Ren and Xiao Yu to the crew. Xu Rong on the other hand brought Ning Ning to school. Everything reverted back to normal, except for one thing...Ning Ning realised that Xu Rong had been especially attentive to the weather forecast recently. As the days slowly started getting colder, her mood slowly started getting better.

"It's snowing." Xu Rong caught a snowflake in her hand on the way back from school.

Ning Ning looked up at the sky, pale white snow was falling from the cold and gloomy sky.

It was now November of 1997.

It was the beginning of winter.

The two of them were holding hands as they walked down the streets. A young girl in red leather boots walked towards them, stopping in front of a car. The door of the car had opened, Pei Xuan stepped out of the car and stood in her way, "Greetings, Young Lady."