"You really like the food from this restaurant." A man's voice rang out from behind her. She turned back and saw Pei Xuan taking a seat at the table beside hers. "Can we put our tables together?"

Ning Ning's instinct told her to shake her head, but she nodded eventually.

A waiter handed Pei Xuan the menu. He did not look at it, listing off a few dishes like it was on the back of his hand instead, before returning the menu to the waiter. "Alright, that's all."

"Uncle." Ning Ning looked at him. "Do you always eat here?"

"That's right." Pei Xuan smiled. "Uncle really likes the food here as well."

The waiter left with the menu, the mobile phone on Pei Xuan's waist suddenly rang, he apologised and answered the phone.

"It's me," Pei Xuan said, "it's nothing much, I just want to ask if you are free in the near future, I have a person that I want you to teach... That's right, it's the things you are good at, make up, coordinating clothes, etcetera..."

The dishes he ordered were already served when he got off the call.

"Try this." He gave a pig-shaped steamed bun to Ning Ning. "Cream custard bun, children love these."

She found it hard to reject in the moment, Ning Ning could only take a bite out of the steamed bun.

It turned out to be really delicious!

A plate was pushed towards her, full of custard cream buns. Looking at Pei Xuan's seemingly smiling face, Ning Ning suddenly thought that the steamed bun in her mouth started to taste bad...

It was a good thing that Pei Xuan did not bother with Ning Ning anymore after he gave away his steamed buns. He turned around and started to have a conversation with Xu Rong instead. Within a few sentences, Xu Rong had told him her age, her family situation and her monthly salary. Good Lord, why aren't you working in multi-level marketing scheme?

Xu Rong could not bear to bid him farewell as they went their separate ways. When she went to fetch Ning Ning from the nursery on the next day, she even proactively asked whether Ning Ning wanted to go out to play and eat.

"Don't wanna." Ning Ning shook her head with disinterest.

They didn't have to go there anymore.

Pei Xuan's phone call proved that he was already a step ahead of her and had already taken Mu Er away. Next, Crossdresser Li, no, Teacher Li would go to his house to guide Mu Er. His lessons were in a semi-enclosed style, she would be at Pei Xuan's house from eight in the morning to seven or eight in the evening. In this period, Ning Ning would be locked in his house for more than half the time.

She was already unable to meet Mu Er at Jade Rabbit Restaurant anymore.

The last place where she would be able to meet the Mu siblings would be the rented apartment they live in right now.

"I could say that I like the food for going to the Jade Rabbit Restaurant." Ning Ning thought, "A rented apartment...what reason could I have to stay there in the middle of the night?"

She thought about it on her way home.

There was a car parked in the courtyard, Ning Yu Ren had returned.

"Mama." Ning Ning opened the door. She looked around but could not find her slippers, so she ran barefooted towards the living room.

Ning Yu Ren was seated on the sofa in the living room, holding her head up with one hand as she leaned to one side of the sofa. A copy of a script was on her legs, beside her laid a little girl who was sound asleep.