Xu Rong frantically patted her back. She coaxed Ning Ning as she said to Yu Sheng, "You're already grown up, why are you bullying a child?"

"I want to go home," Ning Ning whimpered, "I want Mama."

What needed to be done was already done, there was no need to stay there anymore. If Yu Sheng believed her, then she would begin to think of a way out, of how to get away from the identity of Lian Lian. If she did not believe her...then she would get hit by a car and turn into a vegetable. The next time they met, she would most probably believe her words more..

"There, there, we'll go home now." Xu Rong coaxed Ning Ning as she turned around and walked in the direction they came from.

She hadn't even taken a few steps when a loud crash rang out behind her.

Xu Rong exclaimed from shock. She turned back and her eyes slowly widened.

A traffic accident had just occurred on the road, Yu Sheng who was just alive and kicking a moment ago, was now lying in the middle of the road, fresh blood was spreading under her body.

The crew-cut man tossed his cigarette to the ground and rushed towards her, shouting repeatedly, "Lian Lian! Lian Lian!"

There were chaotic footsteps, a crowd flocked towards the scene, women were screaming, children were crying Xu Rong stared at the scene dumbfoundedly for a long time before she turned her head slightly to look at the child in her arms.

"What did you say to her just now?" Xu Rong tried to carefully confirm with her, "You said...she will get hit by a car, there was a lot of blood?"

She was unable to get an answer from Ning Ning.

Because Ning Ning looked like she was frightened from what was happening, she did not say a word on the way back. After they got home, she continued to hug her teddy bear in a daze.

"How did this happen?" Ning Ning hugged the bear tightly and thought, "The accident was brought forward? Moreover, if I remember correctly, she had accidentally driven onto a tree, how did it turn into getting hit by a car when she crossed the road? Was it...was it because she lost focus after she heard what I said, that's why she didn't pay attention when she crossed the road... Damn it, how is she now? She wouldn't die right?"

"Ning Ning..." Xu Rong's voice rang out from across the room.

Ning Ning looked up, the other party actually took a step back.

They looked into each other's eyes, the mood was a little awkward.

"Take your medicine first." Xu Rong forced a smile, then reached out with medicine in hand.

Ning Ning looked at her. She reached out and took the medicine out of her hand, putting the medicine in her mouth under Xu Rong's supervision, then gulped a cup of water down. She waited for Xu Rong to take the empty cup out of the room before she opened her mouth and spat the pill out onto her hand. She pulled down the zipper on the back of her teddy bear and shoved the pill in before she pulled it back up.

Afterwards, she did not go anywhere as she continued to pretend to sleep with a blanket on.

Ten plus minutes later, the door opened silently.

A hand slowly reached out to Ning Ning. First, it gently touched her face, then undid her braid before it started to comb her hair.

This hand was so gentle, Ning Ning could not help but start to doubt herself, "Was I being overly suspicious?"

After Xu Rong was done combing Ning Ning's hair, she stood up and walked to the telephone.

"Hello." Ning Ning heard Xu Rong's voice ring out, "It's me... Ning Ning just fell asleep. Yes, yes... Don't worry, I will take good care of her. That's right, can I talk to Xiao Yu?"