Celebrities and actors had gradually become two different kinds of careers since an unknown period in time. The former depended on popularity, the latter depended on acting skills. Most of the time the two didn't go together, if someone were to achieve both statuses, the person would definitely be a megastar.

"As for you, your acting skills could barely pass." Lian Lian opened her eyes and looked at Ning Ning. "But you are not pretty enough."

Li Bo Yue spoke before Ning Ning had a chance to open her mouth.

"Our Ning Ning is certainly not that spectacular in real life, or you could say that she is not as spectacular as what you'll see on screen." Li Bo Yue said with a smile, "There is no hurry to start filming this movie anyway, how about this? Let's talk after <<The Great Empire>> has begun airing."

Lian Lian tilted her head and looked at him for a moment before nodding. "Deal."

She then turned and smiled at Ning Ning. "I will wait in anticipation to see how you will look on screen."

The days flew by as she waited.

<<The Great Empire>> successfully wrapped up filming, Ning Ning as one of the main stars naturally had to do a series of promotions, she was as busy as a bee. In the meantime, Li Bo Yue informed her that he had received the call from Yan Qing's side, asking if Ning Ning was willing to act as the supporting character—Yun Lin.

"What did you say?" Ning Ning asked.

"What do you think?" Li Bo Yue waved his hand casually. "I told them to go to hell."

"...You really said that?" Ning Ning was shocked.

"Are you dumb? Of course I said that in my mind." Li Bo Yue gave her a look of disdain. "I did not verbally agree or disagree, I just glossed over it. I will tell them to go to hell if you land the Lian Lian role, otherwise, falling back on the Yun Lin role is not bad either."

"...Wow, how cunning."

"Whom did I do it for!!"

Later on, <<The Great Empire>> started broadcasting.

It was first aired online, then on television. Ning Ning also watched it on her computer at home the day it aired—mainly to look at the audience's comments.

As an actress widely known as a vase, she had fans...mostly haters. This group of haters had their own sense of justice. They would deem a movie as bad, as long as her name appeared in the credits. A movie would be a terrible film if she was the lead character or the supporting character.

So before the show started airing, there were already quite a lot of negative comments: "I feel bad for my Movie Emperor Chen", "I feel bad for my Little Zhu", "I feel bad for my Sister Rou". They wrote that they felt bad for every single important character once, it was as if acting in the same show as Ning Ning would forever pull down their intelligence and acting skills.

All these commotions stopped abruptly after the first episode aired.

"Her Royal Highness Princess Qing Luan!"

A graceful and poised Ning Ning appeared on screen accompanied by the shrill shout of a eunuch.

She walked in from the entrance. Every minister, general, eunuch and court lady bowed down as she walked by.

Then, she stopped in front of Chen Shuang He and blandly said, "Raise your head."

Chen Shuang He pursed his lips and furrowed his brows in the shot, looking as if he was resisting something, but he failed and slowly raised his head. He tried his best to hide the ambition in his eyes as he carefully looked at her.