14

He walked in his eyes darting around like a jumpy rabbit.

"Sit there, I'll go get my mom" I murmured pointing to the couch.

Without waiting for him to sit I walked over to my mom's room knocking on the door softly.

"Alpha Alex is here" I whispered quiet enough for Alpha Alex not to hear but loud enough for her to.

A few seconds later she opened her door. "I'm coming" she murmured nervously.

I patted her shoulder encouragingly giving her a big smile.

She nodded at me as she took a deep breath and walked into the living room where he waited.

"Why did you come here Alpha Alex?" My mother asked with a cold voice.

He looked up her then bowed his head. When he looked up I could see tears shimmering in his eyes.

"River" he whispered. "What?" She demanded eyes narrowed.

"I'm sorry, ever sense that morning I rejected you, I couldn't get you out of my head, I searched for you this whole time, when Promise told me she was our daughter I was overjoyed, I realized from the moment I rejected you that I loved you and I'd do anything to get you back" he whispered as a single tear trickled down his face.

My mother stood there as stiff as a board. Until she slumped to the ground tears streaming down her face.

He crouched beside her wrapping his arms around her.

Slowly she lifted her hands from her face and hugged him back tightly.

I smiled gently as they hugged. I walked over to my mother and father with a smile on my face.

"Did one of your pack mates come with you?" I questioned.

He nodded bewildered. "Tell him he can take me to the royals castle so you can catch up with my mother" I informed him.

He got up his eyes glazing over as he did what I asked.

My mother hugged me tightly "be careful Promise, I love you" she whispered as a new set of tears went rolling down her cheeks.

I hugged her back just as tight "I will, love you too" I answered, sad that I'd have to leave her for so long.

I turned to my father and hugged him "take care of my mother" I whispered with a smile as I turned, grabbed my suitcase and walked out the door.......