4

"It all started more than a thousand years ago....." she began.

I listened and watched as my mother told me everything.

"And then I had you, and you changed my life, you were my everything, and you still are" she finished as tears streamed down her face.

"I..I can't believe what everyone did to you" I whispered as I hugged my mother close.

She smiled weakly "But they couldn't break me could they" she whispered with a hint of pride.

I grinned "no they couldn't" I agreed. She took a deep breath as she twirled her hand making a package appear.

"Here I want you to have this" she murmured handing it to me.

I took it slowly unwrapping it. When I was done in my hand was the most beautiful bow and arrows I've ever seen.

"I...is this the bow you killed Blades father with?" I asked.

She nodded. "I can't take it, its so special to you" I burst out.

"I want you to have it" she insisted. I smiled as I traced my finger along my mothers name.

I watched with awe as my name started to appear below hers.

"That means it'll listen to your every command, also it accepts you as its new owner, anyone who tries to touch it will be burned" she explained.

I grinned with excitement. "Call me Star, the new huntress" I growled.

My mother grinned teasingly as she gave me a deep bow.

I swatted her shoulder just as the door bell rang.

I twitched my hand making the bow dissappear into thin air.

"Cindy and her families here" she murmured as she opened the door wide.

Standing in front of me was a gray haired man and lady behind them was none other than Chase and Chance Dark.

The twins eyes slightly widened as they recognized me.

I plastered on a sweet but deadly smile. My mother hugged the lady happily.

"Luna Cindy good to see you" she said with a happy smile.

"You too" Cindy replied with a wide smile. She turned to me "and you must be Promise" she murmured with awe.

"Yes that's me" I answered kindly. "My my my what a beautiful young lady you turned out to be" Cindy chirped.

"She's beautiful isn't she boys, it would be amazing if she was one of your mates" Cindy announced loudly.

The gray haired man gave me a look of utter disgust like he couldn't stand looking at me.

I gave him a sharp look making his eyes widen.

I watched Chase, Chance, and the old Alpha like a hawk the whole time they were here.......