8

America's P.O.V

I was finishing telling my story to Star when a painful scream ripped through the house.

I was on my feet in an instant running with my dragon speed to where my daughter lay clutching her stomach.

I was horrified at what I saw. Ugly blue, black, and purple bruises where all around her stomach.

"Crap" I muttered as I laid her on her bed. "What happened?" Star asked shocked.

I gave her a painfull look. "Her mate just mated another female" I whispered sadly.

"Did he mark that other female?" Star asked. I shook my head.

I sat next to my daughter's bed softly stroking her hair.

Tears shimmered in my eyes. I had hoped she wouldn't have to go through the same thing I did but it looked like she already was.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back to Promise....

Pain.

That's what I felt when I opened my eyes. I turned my head noticing my mother and Star were fast asleep next to my bed.

"Mother?" I rasped. Instantly my mother was awake.

"How are you feeling?" She asked softly. "Horrible" I grumbled.

"Your mate mated with someone else, that's why you passed out and felt all that pain" she murmured with a sad look.

I nodded. Part of me was sad and upset but the other part was beyond furious.

"How long was i out for?" I asked. "A week" my mother answered.

My eyes widened I thought I was only out for a couple hours.

Now that explains why I'm starving. I sat up wincing with pain.

My mother gently pushed me back down. "I'll get you something to eat, now rest" she ordered.

I groaned This is all your fault Chase, just you wait, I'll get my revenge I thought angrily.

Ooooo I can't wait Blue said with interest. How are you two feeling? I asked softly.

Were doing fine, except I'm not very impressed that he chose to mate with that bitch Chelsea Blue grumbled.

My eyes widened I guess we'll have to warn her off I growled.

Your going to let us help? Moon asked excitedly. If you want I answered.

TOTALLY! Blue and Moon screeched at the same exact time.

I laughed softly lifting my head as my mother walked in with a plate in her hand.

She set in on the end table as she helped me sit up.

I grabbed it eating the honey ham sandwich she made for me.

"Thanks ma" I murmured feeling much better.

"Of course dear" she murmured as she and Star left me alone.......