Chapter 4: Training

Tw: Guns, bullets, simping, sexual themes, implied smut, betting, losing bets

The goggles rested over Karl's eyes became a painful reminder of what he was doing as he pressed close to the steel wall near him, not allowing himself to touch it.

Sapnap's breath could be felt against his neck, a shiver running down his neck from their close proximity. Light footsteps pattered behind them as Tommy, Tubbo and Ranboo caught up, struggling to match the experienced pace that the two had. It was still a new experience to them, learning how to go about their movement's stealthily while not always inflicting harm upon those who they come across.

For Ranboo it was an entirely new realm of the world, never having even seen a gun beside those used in laser-tag and paintball arenas before being taken by the mafia to be used in their ritual, let alone used one.

Karl allowed himself to get momentarily distracted by the way Sapnap shifted closer to him, the raven-hair's arm pressed against his back in a bent position to hold his gun correctly. Unnoticed went the thump of feet against the hard ground, people clearly dashing towards the group as the warm breath fanned across his neck. The others remained in their positions as Karl did, assuming he had a plan and trusting his judgement, even when it seemed doubtful.

A loud gunshot went off as someone pointed a gun to his chest, his world cracking into the blueprints of the course before returning to a large empty space. He sheepishly tugged off his glasses which created the hologram, trying to ignore Skeppy's glare across the room as the trainer gave him a mocking slow clap.

"Karl, this isn't a time to be fan-boying over Sapnap. You have plenty of time to do that outside of training." Skeppy scolded, Dream hiding a chuckle behind a hand, George not even bothering, letting out a bark of laughter. The rest of the team climbed down from the simulation mat, slipping under the rope railings, their levels of effort to hide their smirks ranging from person to person.

"I wasn't fan-boying!" Karl defended, sitting on the edge of the mat, tall enough to glare at Skeppy from the height.

"Hate to break it to you king, but you messed up the mission after he stood behind you and breathed in your ear. Kinda seems like fan-boying to me. Could be wrong." Tommy spoke cheerfully, handing his simulation glasses to Bad. Skeppy led him, Tubbo, Ranboo, Dream and Sapnap away from the three other boys to practice their shooting abilities, Dream specialising in that field, Ranboo's aim needing a bit of work.

"I wasn't fan-boying, I just got distracted and lost focus." Karl muttered, still intent on protecting his pride to do with the matter. Bad chuckled, helping him down from the height he sat at.

"It's okay to admit you have a crush, Karl." Bad reminded him, collecting his glasses and stowing the box of them in a special compartment under the training area. He dusted off his hands and turned to look at the other brunettes, the shortest of the three glancing at Karl with a hint of worry as they touched on the matter.

Karl groaned internally. 'Of course Sapnap told George we broke up! He probably told him some kind of lie to seem like it was my fault.'

"I don't have a crush on him! Never have, never will. And anyway, this is coming from the person who is innocent to even his boyfriends advances!" Karl teased, crossing his arms with a smirk, knowing what would come of this.

George added fuel to the fire, realising what Karl was trying to accomplish. "Yeh, I bet you couldn't even make him blush!"

An annoyed expression passed over Bad's face and he stood taller, glaring at the two in front of him. "Fine, you know what you muffin-heads! If I can make Skeppy blush by the end of this training session, George has to kiss Dream on the cheek, Karl; Sapnap." An air of confidence shrouded his words, causing George to hesitate momentarily, wondering if that would be a good idea for Karl.