Chapter 3: The Mafia

Just a reminder that I'm Australian so I call crisps or packeted chips 'chips' and chips or fries 'hot chips'. This will be needed to be understood in the future as they get mentioned once or twice so I'm telling you this to avoid confusion :]

Tw: Anxiety, the following will be talked about or mentioned in a conversation; death, imprisonment, murder, guns, family member (mother) leaving the family (moving away, not death)

Karl watched anxiously as the group trickled back into the living room, having hastily (and admittedly messily) unpacked his things and headed out to their agreed upon meeting place to set up. Well, that was his excuse if anyone asked, the reality being he just needed a break from the tense air already hanging in his and Sapnap's room.

The ravenette kept a respectful distance, leaving talking to brief questions and their answers, not initiating touch or lingering when it did accidentally occur. But the atmosphere of the room still bothered Karl, so he dumped his clothes into their respective draws, not bothering to fold them as Sapnap did, and left to prepare for the mission brief he would be conducting. 

Due to the lengthy amount of time he'd then had while everyone else unpacked, the coffee table was filled with different chips and everyone's orders from the local café he ducked down to collect items from when brainstorming distractions and excuses.

The large TV screen, located across from the couches, overlooking the space, was connected to his laptop, a power point he'd created, on all information they knew about the mission and those they were targeting, already projected onto it.

The group settled into the respective seats they'd been in before, Karl assuming comfortably they would begin to become their regular seating locations. Taking in a quiet breath, he began to talk.

"Hello everyone!" He chirped in a cheerful voice, hoping his anxious thoughts were not projected into his words. "Schlatt and I have put together the information required for this mission into a presentation that I will show to you now."

Bad gave a reassuring smile towards him as he stopped speaking to change slides, knowing the silence made his nerves increase. "The mission title is 'The Sleepy Boys Mafia' or 'Mission no. 1695'. The current goal or objective of the mission will be to break into the mafia and kill those in control of the operation, imprison others we do not see as a threat or could use for information and shut down the whole operation. This will be done in a series of missions, the first few being surveillance, creating maps, identifying cameras and guards locations and schedules, mostly things for the Base Team."

"What's a Base Team boss man?" Tubbo called out, sticking his hand in the air as if a student looking for an answer to a question but asking anyways.

Karl gave him a small smile, reprimanding himself mentally to explain terms the three new members might not have been taught. "The team that works in the study we took a look at earlier, people on cameras, the ones creating the maps and watching us while in our ears telling us what to do. The Assault Team focuses on doing the killing and the stuff you hear about more when you read or watch spy movies and books." 

The three boys nodded in acknowledgment, a look of relief and understanding brushing their expressions, the other two grateful Tubbo had the guts to stand up and ask. With no objections or further questions, Karl continued the presentation.

"The roles for the team will be as followed; Dream on cameras, Bad, or Badboyhalo, and George or 'Error',  focusing on maps and communications related, Skeppy as our main trainer. They make up the Base or Tech Team. Sapnap and I, 'Time Traveller', will be on the front lines, Ranboo, Tommy, or 'Discs', and Tubbo, you will be learning from us and following along, but any one of you can stay back for a mission if you wish, and there might be a point where you get sent back here, to the base. We make up the Assault Team."