Apologies

"So, baby you okay?"
Aaliyah: "Yeah I'm fine. Now that Shamari is here"

Shamari: "Hell yeah! That's what I'm talking bout! She started from the bottom and now she heya!"

I looked at her up and down in disappointment and shook my head
"I'm sorry, I don't speak club rat"

Aaliyah: "Okay, look we not finna do this again"
"You right, you right"

Shamari: "Mhm, old junkie from the backyard"
"Alright well at least I ain't drinking whatever the hell you drinkin, drunk ass auntie. It look like you put lean in yo kool-aid at a 2 year old birthday party"

Shamari: "Anyway before I take out this knife in my purse. I got you your birthday gift"

She handed her a beat up stuffed bunny
Shamari: "His name is Kentrell he's seen better days but when I was getting my tonsils taken out he held my hand the whole time and I-"

She started fanning her eyes and trying to keep the tears back as I stared at her in confusion

"Why is she in stage 2?"
Aaliyah: "I think she was trying to cheer me up"
"Looks like Kentrell is the one that need cheering up~"

I took the bunny and examined it as we chuckled
"Lil ghetto bunny, look like he got beat up all down Sesame Street. Like he got beat up by big bird and his gang"

I started punching the bunny and slapping it but gently I didn't want to tear it up more than it has already been torn

"You better bring yo ass home before the street lights come on! Little homie!"

I gave her the bunny back then led Shamari to the side to talk to her

"Aye, Shamari. What the hell is wrong with you? I look away for 2 seconds and you crying like Obama left the office. You gotta keep it together"

Shamari: "I'm sorry! It got the best of me for a second"
"Mhm"

Aaliyah: "Guys? Shamari? How long are you staying?"
Shamari: "Well actually I have another surprise for you, I'm staying in Cali!"

"Why me lordddd whyyyyy?"
Aaliyah: "Oh my god! Now way! Yayyy!"

~THE NEXT MORNING~
     January•17•1992

I woke up Aaliyah for a surprise I've been planning to give her for the past 4 months

Aaliyah: "cmon mane lemme sleep"
"But baby I got a surprise for you, cmon please get up"
Aaliyah: "Fineee ugh"

She put her house shoes on then I held her hand as we walked down stairs and she rubbed her eyes from sleepiness.

"Okay now close your eyes, don't be peeking. I saw you peeking last Christmas that's why I took them Jordan's back and got you some Payless sneakers"

She stomped her foot on the ground and whined

"Girl stomp one mo time and imma take that Xbox"
Aaliyah: "I'm sorry, daddy"

"Okay then, now you can look"

~AALIYAHS POV~

I uncovered my eyes and saw a bright red slit fitted dress and a diamond tiara. I smiled and turned around to see Tupac on one knee with a ring in a box

Tupac: "Aaliyah, if your willing to let me I would love to give you this promise ring. So that if anything happens in this relationship you will always know that I love you very much"

"Of course you can. Yes you can! I love you too"

He put the ring on my finger and we kissed each other as he lifted me off my feet and spun me around

Shamari: "D-did I miss somethin? Why y'all havin black magic?"

I walked over to her squealing and showed her the ring then she started squealing with me

Shamari: "Gurl! It's cuteee, wait- you getting married? You not even 18 yet""Nah you got it all wrong, it's a promise ring"

"Nah you got it all wrong, it's a promise ring"

Shamari: "Gurl! It's cuteee, wait- you getting married? You not even 18 yet""Nah you got it all wrong, it's a promise ring"

She laughed then face palmed herself

Shamari: "My bad girl, I've been watching way too many drama movies in the past week. I heard you and ya boyfriend here all last night while I was trying to sleep. Talking bout some "Faster! Faster!" And some "Yes daddy!" And "Yeah girl ride it like you mean it"

"See what had happened was.."
She looked at us up and down in disgust and made a stank face

Shamari: "Y'all just nasty"
Tupac: "Oh shut up, you lonelier than the first black Barbie get outta my face!"

"Well gah damn"