6. Cultists

I started to wave in and out of consciousness as I lay on the damp floor, I couldn't have been out for a few minutes, and I opened my eyes just enough to see Miraak sat next to me shaking me, "Alye, wake up." I was awake I thought, I wanted to scream it but I couldn't move and I could gradually feel the poison trying to make me unconscious. "Alye, wake up please." The cultists had stopped shooting arrows now, but all off their bows were aimed at Miraak.

Miraak who hadn't run and stole the mask but was there trying to help me. I felt the poison trying to drag me under more and I could only just make out the conversation between a cultist and Miraak. "Well, Miraak, seems you don't have sway over us anymore." The man smirked as he toor off his hood revealing a man with a permanent disgusted look on his face and tattered white hair that hung about his face. Bolek, I can't believe you would trade me in for that slimy wretch." Miraak stated as he rose from the floor. "You should have known that the only reason we were following you was to worship Mora." "I have suspected that for a while actually." Miraak seemed to have a look of amusement on his face when the man named Bolek said "We are here to offer you a bargain Miraak." "Go on." "When the two of you escaped Mora I was hoping to be chosen as his next champion but it seems that he is..." he looked at his nails before he continued as if board. "he is a collector of sorts, he only seems to was people of value to be his champion, so you come with me back to Apocrypha and the girl lives." "What's in this for you." "Mora will reward us greatly, I suppose when we return both his champion and his slave." Miraak didn't answer. I could feel I was almost being pulled under again by the strength of the poison, if I knew a healing spell I could at least keep the damage minimal but I didn't so I strained to keep awake, to keep the poison at bay just a little longer.

Miraak lazily placed his hand inside his satchel as if it were nothing, and the cultists hardly noticed as his hand resurfaced with a blue vial. He placed it to his mouth pulling out the cork stopper with his teeth and spat it onto the leafy floor, and downed to vial. He threw the bottle into a bush. "I have a better bargain," he responded, "how about you run and try not to scream when I kill you." With that a burst of flame erupted from both of his hands and into the cultists, exploding in fire as it hit the one next to the one he was talking to. The other cultists started shooting Miraak with the same poison arrows they had shot at me, but he was able to dodge them. I heard lightning strike in the background as it started to rain, my face getting slightly wet from the drops of water.

Miraak continued to step forward, orbs of ice and fire in each hand, taking out cultist after cultist. One tried to stab him in the back but he saw before he could get close enough and impaled him with an ice spike through the chest, pining him to a near by tree. The rate at which he was using his magica was so fast he was going to run out soon. A few more tried to fight him in hand to hand but were unsuccessful. Suddenly as if he we finally draining of stamina and magica he was shot by an arrow in his shoulder, and I could see pain flash through his eyes as another strike of lightning lit up the sky. I could feel the darkness creeping in through the corners of my vision now as the whole world seemed to dim slightly. Miraak just kept going, arrow protruding from his side. The cultists began to close in now fifty at least arrows blazing like vipers. As another arrow hit him in the leg he fell to his knees, his arms spread wide, magic dimming in hands. He turned towards me as he collapsed to the floor, and all I could see was his blood splattered face as another arrow hit him in the back, this one coming from the bow of Bolek. "Nighty night Miraak." The very ground shook when he fell, the sky lit up once more and then it was silent. The darkness fully enveloped my vision then and all I could hear was the rain as it again all went black.