-S1, Ep9: Chapter 37-

-Chapter 37: Split Up-

Anna and Kate ran down the passageway, but they came to a dead-end.

"It's another dead end!" Kate shouted to the group.

"What?!" Seth asked as they all came over to the girls.

"Only the beginning." Tanner said, looking at the glyphs on the wall.

"We went in a big circle?!" Seth asked as Tanner passed Anna his weapon to hold.

"No, no, no." Tanner answered as he traced the glyphs with his fingertips. "The inscription. It's the beginning of the ancient words. It's a reference..." Anna and Seth glanced at each other in question. "...to the creation of myth in the Popol Vuh. Rebirth. Renewal. Rebirth. Renewal."

"What are you doing?" Seth asked. "Don't touch things in here, please." Tanner ignored the Gecko as he pushed the pieces in the wall together. The temple shook all around them.

"What did you do?!" Kate asked. "Oh my—"

"What's happening?!" Anna asked in fear.

"What the hell did you do?" Seth asked, unconsciously pushing the redhead behind him for her own protection. Tanner didn't answer as the temple stopped shaking. A wall opened up and everyone looked at it. Tanner laughed in success. Seth let Anna go and Anna passed Tanner back his weapon. "Hey." Seth put his weapon against the wall and touched the door. "You see this?" He felt around for the crack of the door and pulled it open, straining at how much strength it took. Once it was open, they saw stairs leading up. "There's stairs. They go up." He looked back at the group. "Up is good, right?"

"It's better than down." Jacob said.

"Yeah, f*ckin' A." Seth said and walked up with the group following after him. At the top of the stairs was another door. Seth pushed it open and they saw the same parking lot they arrived in. "Oh, finally!" Then, they saw a familiar figure walking to the RV. "R-Richie?" Seth glanced back at his group before looking at his brother again. "He's still alive."

"He looks pretty good for a guy that just got shot." Jacob said and they saw Santancio walk over to Richie. Richie opened the RV door and held it for her to walk in.

"Son of a bitch." Seth cursed as Richie walked into the RV and closed the door behind him. Seth looked at the group. "What are you waiting for, huh? We're free. Let's get outta here."

"We can't leave without Scott." Kate said.

"I'll stay back." Tanner offered. "I can help out." Seth shook his head and was about to walk out, but Jacob grabbed him, making the Gecko look at him.

"Get your hands off me, Padre." Seth ordered. "I'm going to get my brother."

"You sure he's still your brother?" Jacob asked and held out a stake to Seth. Seth glanced at the stake and at Jacob before taking it. Seth looked at Anna.

"You coming, Princess?" He asked.

"I'm gonna stay too." She answered. "Kate, Jacob and Scott are my friends. I wanna help." He shook his head at her answer.