-S1, Ep5: Chapter 20-

-Chapter 20: Road Tripping- 

"Right now, we're hearing from police chatter that the Geckos did in fact escape." The radio said. "Local sheriffs and DHS have no leads on the vehicle."

"Best news I heard all day." Seth said, interrupting the broadcast.

"The Geckos have a knack for flashy exits." The radio continued. "They shot their way out of a bank with $30 million and bank teller Monica Garza as a human shield." Anna's hands clenched in her lap as she tried to not remember the horrible picture of Monica that replayed in her head constantly. Seth reached over and shut off the radio, not wanting to hear it anymore, because it causes the same memories to flash in his head as well.

"You got a first-aid kit in this beast?" Seth asked, feeling his wounded shoulder. The man, Jacob Fuller, didn't answer. Seth cleared his throat, glancing at Jacob's children before looking at the man again. "Let me explain something to you here, Jacob. Now there's only one song that we're gonna be singing on this road trip, and it ain't "99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall". Song's called "My Way". So, if I say make a turn, you're gonna make a turn. If I say don't talk, you don't talk. But if I ask you for a first-aid kit, you're gonna—" Jacob pointed to a cabinet above him, cutting Seth off. "Thank you." Seth reached up, opening the cabinet and pulled out the first-aid kit. He opened it and pulled out a card with Jacob's picture on it. He chuckled at it. "Pastor Jacob Fuller, huh?" He sighed and put the first-aid kit down on the couch, grabbing what he needed out of it. "Guess that explains all that, uh, hellfire and damnation back at the motel, huh?" He sat down on the couch. "You do know the one about turning the other cheek, I hope."

"I prefer the Old Testament." Jacob said.

"Well...this is gonna be real, real simple, Padre." Seth said, putting a patch over his wound. "We, huh, reach the crossing at Acuna, you wave your passports, flash your pretty, corn-fed smiles, and then we're gonna sail on through. Richie and I will close our deal with our guy in Mexico. After that, we go our separate ways. Nobody else is gonna get hurt. You got my word."

"What about that bank teller you took hostage in Abilene?" Jacob asked. "You give her your word?" Seth didn't answer the man's question. He just stood up and put the first-aid kit back in the cabinet, closing the door after. "Well, well. I didn't know you were capable of not talking." Seth sat back down on the couch. "Let me help you continue to save your breath. I don't need you to promise my family's gonna be alright. I know they will, but you know how I know that? Cause I'm behind the wheel now. And I'm gonna make it my mission, my singular mission, to get us all across that border. Not for you, not for all your riches. But for the only two people I have left in this world."

"I'm a professional thief." Seth said. "Not a killer."

"It ain't you I'm worried about." Jacob said, causing Seth to look at Richie, who went into the RV's bathroom.

"We gotta get out of here." Scott said, attracting the attention of his sister and the redhead next to him.

"It's not that easy." Anna said, causing Scott and Kate to look at her. "Trust me, I've tried."

"You're their hostage?" Kate asked, her country accent showing.

"Yeah." Anna said, nodding and Kate could see how the subject was still sore.

"I'm Kate." The brunette said, pointing to herself and then her brother. "And this is Scott."

"Anna." The redhead introduced herself.

"H-How long have you been with...?" Kate trailed off as she pointed at Seth, who was too busy watching out the front window. Anna glanced at the older Gecko, before looking to Kate and Scott again.

"Not very long." Anna answered. "They um...they picked me up this morning."

"I'm sorry." Kate said, feeling bad for the redhead.

"I...I wasn't alone." Anna said, remembering Monica. She cleared her throat, moving on from the sad memory. "I'm just sorry you three got dragged into this."

"It's not your fault." Kate said.

"I just feel like I could have prevented it, ya know?" Anna asked. "Done something different and made sure we didn't end up here."

"We'll at least we got each other." Kate said. "You're not alone anymore, Anna." Anna smiled at the brunette's comforting words. Suddenly, Richie came out of the bathroom, looking like he saw a ghost.

"Hey, Richie, park it somewhere, will ya?" Seth said, causing Richie to look at him. "Relax. It's gonna be smooth sailing from here." Richie walked over and sat down next to Kate as Seth's phone rang. Seth pulled it out and answered it, holding it up to his ear. "Fashionably late as usual I see...I'm sorry, did you say that you have a problem?...Yeah? Well, mine trumps yours...Okay, okay, easy there, Khan...Carlos, it is the very nonexistence of your efforts that has led us to this juncture. In fact, I'm starting to rethink that steep commission of yours. You know, $10 million seems like a lot of money to pay for nothin'!...Same way we've figured out everything else out so far, on our own!..." Seth groaned and sat down in a seat behind the shotgun seat. "...Well, I already took care of him, too..."

"Um, e-excuse me." Scott said, drawing Anna's attention away from the older Gecko, who was still on the phone.

"Scott, don't talk." Kate scolded.

"Just wanna ask him not to point that gun at us." Scott explained. "We hit a bump, it could go off."

"It won't go off." Richie said.

"That's a Taurus 9 millimeter, 17-shot capacity magazine." Scott said. "And a hair trigger."

"So Bruce Lee does know his guns." Richie said, smiling as he looked at his gun.

"I'm just saying we could hit a bump, or a pothole, or something." Scott said.

"Maybe I don't care if we hit a pothole." Richie suggested as he leaned closer to the 3. "Maybe I'm hoping we hit 17 potholes so I can empty this entire mag in that smartass mug of yours. Did you ever consider that, Tokyo Drift?"

"I'm Chinese." Scott corrected. "And so was Bruce Lee." Richie leaned back in his seat, not pointing the gun at Scott anymore. Anna sighed in relief. Then, Richie quickly stood up, pointing his gun at Scott, causing Kate and Anna to scream in surprise.

"What's going on back there?" Jacob asked. Richie glanced at Jacob, his face turning in fear, and then looked back at Scott. Suddenly, whispers invaded Richie's mind. He looked to his right, hearing them come from that direction. He locked eyes with Anna, causing her to tense up. From Richie's eyes, he could see a bright burning light outlining her body. As if she was on fire.

"What are you?"