-S1, Ep5: Chapter 23-

-Chapter 23: Caught- 

Anna and Kate stood together in the back, silently praying that Scott doesn't get caught. Unfortunately, he did.

"Dammit!" Seth said, hitting the back of Jacob's seat.

"You see, what did I tell you?" Richie asked. "He planned this. He wanted the kid to get caught."

"No, that's not true!" Kate protested.

"Just calm down, Richard." Seth said.

"Why would I want my own son to get caught?" Jacob asked, standing up.

"To rat us out." Richie answered. "In your mind, he's safe and we're screwed. Seth, give me my gun."

"Is my brother telling the truth?" Seth asked, hesitant on the thought of giving Richie back his gun.

"No." Jacob said.

"Seth, this is a man who killed his own wife." Richie said, causing Anna's eyes to widen.

What?!

"Excuse me?" Jacob asked, offended.

"She told me." Richie said, grabbing Kate and pulling her forwards to stand in front of him.

"Is that what you think, Katey-Kakes?" Jacob asked.

"I didn't tell him anything." Kate said. "He's insane."

"No, I'm not." Richie said, offended as he let her go.

"Just what is it exactly you think you know?" Jacob asked.

"I know what you really are." Richie said, stepping forward.

"Alright." Seth said, holding Richie back. "Alright. Al—" Suddenly, Jacob hauled off and punched Richie in the face. "Hey! Enough!" Seth grabbed Kate, causing her to let out a screech. "Pigs got your son. You make one more wrong move, I take your daughter."

"Whatever your brother told you was wrong." Jacob said. "Don't let him make you doubt yourself, not now. In fact, if any of us, including me, makes a stupid move, we're all dead. We just gotta stick to the plan. It'll work if we do."

"Yeah, well you better hope it does." Seth said, pointing to the female officer that was coming up to the RV. Seth passed Kate to Richie before grabbing Anna. He pushed Anna towards the bathroom and let her go. She got in and Seth went in after her, closing the door behind them. Richie, Kate, Seth and Anna hid in the shower. Richie and Kate were behind Seth, who shoved Anna down on her knees in the corner of the shower.

"After everything I told you?" Richie asked. "After he hit me?"

"Look, I told you." Seth said. "I got this."

"You don't have shit, Seth." Richie said. "You never have."

"Richard, be quiet!" Seth said.

"Look, if I don't kill everybody in here, we are never gonna make it." Richie said, as Seth's hand moved on Anna's small shoulder.

"Maybe that's what the voices are telling you, but they're not calling the shots right now, okay?" Seth said. "So shut up!"

"You don't believe me." Richie concluded. "I knew it."

"Richard, now is not the—"

"I have to finish this!" Richie said, trying to grab the gun from Seth. Seth threw his hand back and hit Richie in the face, knocking his brother out cold. Seth sighed in relief of the annoyance.

Suddenly, they all heard a knocking on the door.

"Sir, I need you to open up!" They heard a female voice say.

"Oh, son of a bitch!" Seth said, moving out of the shower. "If you still believe in that God of yours, now would be a good time to call Him." He put one foot up on the toilet and aimed at the door. Anna and Kate covered their ears. They waited, hearing the door open. They could hear some of Jacob's conversation with the officer, but not much of it. They could hear footsteps coming closer and they stopped from behind the door. Seth waited a few seconds before opening the door, pointing his gun in whoever's face was there. It was a different officer.

"You're free to go." The officer said. "You still want to cut that commission, Seth? Drive across the last checkpoint and you're home free." The officer walked away and Seth followed, walking out of the bathroom. Kate and Anna sighed in relief, taking their hands off their ears. The two stood up and grabbed each other's hand before Anna pushed the door open. They walked out and saw Jacob with Scott.

"Kate!" Jacob said. Kate let go of Anna's hand and walked over to her family. Anna smiled seeing the Fuller family hug.