-S1, Ep7: Chapter 32-

-Chapter 32: Bleeding-

Anna sat in the corner, watching as all the others got their weapons ready. Her hand twirled the cross around her neck between her fingers as she was deep in thought.

She couldn't help but think about her parents. What they'd do in a situation like this. She can't ask her mother, but she could ask her father. If she ever gets out of this alive...

"Do you think that I don't know that the money is for Vanessa?" Riche shouted, causing Anna to snap out of her thoughts and look at the two Geckos. "You wanna talk about the long con and the master grift? You have to take the prize, Seth. What were you two lovebirds gonna do? Go buy that stupid bar in the Keys that she's always squawking about?"

"Moron." Seth said. "You honestly think that I would be here if I was gonna bail on you? Does that make sense? It was the opposite. I paid her to stay away. She was supposed to cross with us, you remember that?"

"Yeah, yeah." Richie said, nodding.

"But no, she didn't." Seth said. "Why? Cause I told her I had to take you to El Rey."

"Oh, okay." Richie said. "Yeah. Here we go. Yeah."

"Yeah, I did it all for you." Seth said. "For you. You understand me? I said goodbye to my only chance at any kind of...any sane, normal existence. And for what? Hmm? So you could get a seat at the table with these goons. Cause let's face it, that's all they really are, right? Just another crew. Another version of Bernardo & the Sharks."

"The Sharks were Puerto Rican, you idiot." Richie said.

"Or was it that piece of ass on stage, then?" Seth asked. Richie just stared at his brother. "Oh, that's it, isn't it? So, that's what she taught you to do with your little knife. Backstab me."

"I'm getting real sick of you calling me a traitor." Richie said.

"You know, my entire life, I have felt like I've owed you something because you pulled me out of that fire when we were kids." Seth said. "I'm getting real sick of paying vig on that."

"So what are you gonna do about it?" Richie asked.

"As soon as we're out of here...you and me...we're done." Seth said, causing Anna to blink twice in disbelief as Seth walked away from his brother. She couldn't believe it.

They're done? I thought they stick together. That's what I've heard siblings are supposed to do.

"Anna." Kate said, causing the redhead to look at her. Kate waved her over and Anna stood up. Anna walked over to Kate as the group gathered together. Kate passed Anna a stake and smiled at her. Anna nodded a thank you but didn't like the feeling of the stake in her hands. They all waited for something to happen.

Soon, a woman walked out and stared at them. Then, they heard more footsteps. They all looked and saw a big male culebra on the stage. The woman's face changed and she hissed at the humans. The male growled as he walked down the stage.

"Six against two." Seth said. "I like those odds." Then 3 more culebra's rose from the floor. The culebra's growled at them.