-S1, Ep4: Chapter 19-

-Chapter 19: Eyes Meet-

After Richie came back and took Kate, it was just Seth and Anna left. Anna's knee bounced up and down with anticipation as she stared down at her hands. Seth checked his watch.

"Okay, it's time." He said, getting the redhead's attention. He looked at her as she looked at him from across her spot at the table. "You ready?" She nodded and Seth could tell the redhead was having doubts about making it out of this. "Listen, um...did my brother...do anything to you after...after Miss Monica?" She shook her head quickly.

"No, he just...scared the hell out of me." She said.

"You're not the only one." He said. She looked down at her hands, fidgeting with the zipper on her jacket. He could tell how uncomfortable she was. "Look at me." She looked up at him. "Remember what I told you. You do what I tell you, when I tell you, and you'll get out of this without any bumps or scrapes. Okay?" She nodded. 

"Come on

"Come on." He said. He motioned for her to get up and she obeyed. She walked over to him, and he put his arm around her shoulders. "Alright, here goes nothing." He opened the door and Anna walked out first. As she walked out, she looked around and locked eyes with one Ranger Freddie Gonzalez. Both of their eyes widened in shock. Then, Seth just happened to walk out behind Anna, seeing Freddie.

"Hey!" Freddie said, raising his gun. Seth's arm quickly found it's way around her front and pulled her against him as he rose his gun and shot at Freddie. Freddie dodged and went into a room next to the motel room they were just in. Seth looked behind them and saw two sheriffs heading their way. He turned around, swinging Anna around to the side and shot at the officers. They dodged and Seth quickly pushed Anna back into the motel room.

"Go! Go!" Seth said, gently pushing her ahead of him. They ran through the bedroom and Seth pushed her into the next room. He quickly closed the door and pushed her behind him. He pointed the gun at the door and waited.

Suddenly, they heard the doorhandle get shot from the other side, causing Anna to quickly cover her mouth with her hands to prevent any sounds from escaping her. The door was kicked open and Seth quickly put his gun to the intruder's head. It was Richie.

"You havin' fun, brother?" The younger Gecko asked, putting up his hands in surrender.

"Jesus Christ, Richie!" Seth scolded, lowering his gun. "You know, a little "Hey, it's me" before you fling the friggin' door open would go a long way in keeping you alive."

"I moved the RV around back." Richie said.

"You what?" Seth asked.

"I told you we had to." Richie said. "We got to get out of here before Ranger Richardo makes his way in."

Suddenly, shots started coming through the door, causing everyone's heads to snap towards the door. Seth moved away from Anna and opened the door. Unfortunately for Anna, Richie wrapped his arm around her, holding her against him as they left the motel room with Seth behind them.

"Freeze!" Anna heard after they turned a corner. Seth stopped and shot at Freddie, who shot back, until Seth got shot in the shoulder, causing Anna to let out a yelp at the sight.

"Dammit!" Seth said, looking at his shoulder. He looked at Richie. "Go! Go!"

"Come on." Richie said, gently pulling Anna forward. She glanced back, seeing Seth shooting at Freddie before she and Richie walked down the stairs, causing the older Gecko brother to disappear from her sight. Once they got off the stairs, Richie pulled her over to the RV and opened the door. "Get in." He let her go and she quickly got in. He got in after her and closed the door. Suddenly, a thud on top of the RV draws everyone's attention. Anna could hear grunting from above them, but it stopped soon. Richie looked at Anna. "Go sit down." She quickly ran over and sat down next to Kate as Richie pointed his gun at the father's head. "Drive." And the father took off. The hatch in the ceiling opened and Seth jumped down in, the hatch closing after him. "Did I call it or did I call it?"

"Yeah." Seth said and walked over to Richie, panting as Richie turned to him.

"If I didn't move this beast—"

"Alright, already." Seth cut off his brother's gloating as he pat his brother's chest. "You're a genius."

"Hey." Richie said. "Are we back, brother?"

"Yeah." Seth said, nodding. "Yeah, we're back." Richie smiled and walked away as Seth walked up and leaned against the driver's seat. "Alright, Pops, you're gonna make a left right up here." Richie sat down across from Kate and Anna.

"I didn't mean to scare you at the pool earlier." Richie apologized to Kate. "I was telling you the truth."

"I don't remember what you said." Kate said. "And I don't care." Lie.

"Yes, you do." Richie said. "Sorry your world is upside down. I don't know, but I feel like all this is happening for a reason."

"Can...Can you really see things?" Kate asked.

"Only when I look."

End of Episode 4