Ch. 11

Trigger warning: Mentions of bullying, secrets, sad Naruto

Once they got back to their villages, Kakashi went to the Hokage's office to report what happened.

Sakura and Sasuke went back to their homes to unpack. Naruto did the same, but he was thinking about what he had promised Utakata.

'Do you think that I should tell Kakashi? What if he hates me, or what if he tells the Hokage?!'

I'm fine with it, but I will need you to hold back my Chakra. Should you let him enter your mindscape, he will feel the full power of my Chakra if you don't hold it back.

Naruto sighed. 'I should probably wait a few days then. I want to give him some time to recover if he needs it. I can bring people into my mindscape easily.'

Once he entered his room, he found Gaara's fox, Nora, asleep on his bed. The letter was already on his table. Opening it, he read the letter.

Dear Naruto,

I will be in Konoha for the Chuini exam. I would like to know if you will be in it. I know that it is slim, as you only just graduated, but I do think that you're skilled enough to do so. I also know that another village will be there as well. The Sound. It's a new village, and I heard that they have some interesting jutsu.

You should also try to get in contact with your godfather, Jiraiya, the toad sanin. Should you make it to the finals, you will have a month to train. I think that training with the toad sanin will do good for you.

I will warn you, he is a pervert. He is the one who writes the perverted books your sensai likes so much.

Hope to see you there,

Gaara

Naruto smiled. He was excited to see Gaara for the first time. He quickly wrote a response.

Dear Gaara,

I'm so glad that you're going to be in Konoha! I might be in the Chunin exams. I just got back from the land of waves on a C-rank mission. I got to meet up with Yagura, who's the three tails.

I can't wait to see you!

Naruto

He continued to unpack when a knock was heard on his door.

He quickly shook Nora awake. The fox, able to understand what Naruto wanted without him taking it, hid under his bed. Naruto hid the letters in his desk and went to answer the door.

He was surprised to find Kakashi standing at the entrance.

Naruto blinked. "Kakashi-sensei? What are you doing here?"

Kakashi's eyes had little emotion. "I went to talk to you about something."

Naruto nodded. "Sure, come in. Sorry about the mess." He said as he let Kakashi in. It wasn't as bad as it was when he was a kid, but he still had a few clothes on the floor and some ramen cups in the trash, along with a few other things.

Naruto sat on his bed, and Kakashi sat next to him. "What did you want to ask about?"

Kakashi leaned back. "I want to know what you know the Mizukage. I also what to know why you defined him so much from Sakura, aside from the fact that he saved us."