Ch. 3

Trigger warning: Alcohol, fighting, blood, smoking

How many D-rank missions have you done now? Kurama sounded a little annoyed.

'We're doing our last D-rank mission today. Why?' Naruto put a few containers of cookies in his bag. The mission was to bake cookies for a nursing home.

I just don't see the point in doing these. It's not like teamwork comes into play in a lot of these. What do they want you to do? Pass weeds to one another?

Locking his door, Naruto started walking to the nursing home. 'I know that. I also don't get the point, but there's nothing we can do about it.'

Find. I'm going back to bed. Wake me up if something interesting happens. Kurama let out a yawn.

Naruto rolled his eyes. He had no clue why Kurama liked to sleep so much, but there probably wasn't much to do in his mind.

After deriving the cookies, team 7 went to the Hokage's office to request a C-rank mission.

Iruka was with him and gave Naruto a nod.

The third Hokage puff out a bit of smoke from his pipe. "So, you're ready for your first C-rank mission."

The four nodded in unison. The Hokage smiled and nodded to Iruka. "Iruka, let the guest in."

Iruka gave a quick bow and went to the door. The moment he opened it, the smell of alcohol wafted into the room. Naruto wrinkled his nose. He did NOT like the smell of alcohol.

A man walked into the room. He was old, maybe around 50, with a wooden hat and a bottle of booze in his hand. "Are these the people who will protect me?"

Iruka nodded. "This is team 7." He turned to them. "This is Tazuna. You will be escorting him to his home in the land of waves."

Naruto's eyes light up for a second. No one noticed, however. The reason that he was excited was that meant that he might get to meet the 4th mizukage and the three tails, Yagura.

Kakashi nodded. "Tazuna-san, we are please to be your escorts."

Tazuna hiccup. "You better do a good job."

Kakashi nodded. "Naruto, Sakura, Sasuke. Go get ready. Be at the gate in twenty minutes."

"Yes sir." The three-headed out the door and headed to their house to get ready. Naruto was very excited. He quickly get a pen and paper and wrote a letter to Yagura. Yagura didn't know what he looked like. The only one he described appearance to was Gaara.

Dear Yagura,

I got my first C-rank mission, and it's going to take me into your area! We're going to be escorting a man named Tazuna to the land of Waves!

If we are to run into each other, I think I should tell you what I look like.

I wear an orange jumper and blue accents with black boots. I have bright blonde/yellow messy hair and bright blue eyes. My most distinctive feature is my whisker marks. I have three on each cheek.

I will be traveling with Kakashi Hatake. I believe that his pretty well known, so I don't need to describe him to you. My two teammates are Sakura Harano and Sasuke Uchiha.

Sakura has long pink hair, and green eyes and wears a red outfit. It's hard to miss her. Sasuke has shortish black hair. He wears a blue shirt with the Uchiha crest on the back and short shorts.