Y/n's eyes began to gloss up. Not only did Suna use her personal issues against her, but he also yelled at her. He never raised his voice at her."Talk to me when you have some sense."

   She left out the house, ignoring Suna's calls.

**

  Y/n drove around until she found herself in a familiar area. The Shrine.

  As she walked up the steps the tears she tried so hard to hold back ran down her cheeks.

   The nostalgia and longing for her and her friends to be young again was overwhelming. She missed Toman.

   A bittersweet laugh left her lips as she glanced around. The now vacant spot where she pictures the Toman  captains and members.

   Y/n walked to the statue at the top of the shrine brushing away the leaves and dirt to find what she was looking for. The broken hair tie she and Baji hid.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Flashback

  "Y/n help me get this shit out of my hair." Baji groaned as he held his tangled hair in his hands.

  "If you stop moving maybe I can get it out. Be the fuck still!" Y/n said trying to get the hair tie out of Baji's head.

   "I'm going to fucking kill you. This is my favorite hair tie you bastard." Y/n glared at the pink hair tie tangled in Baji's long hair.

   "Shut up and just get it out."

"I need scissors." Y/n groaned which resulted in Baji snatching his hair from her hands. "You better not come near my hair with anything sharp or I swear I will fucking bite you."

  "I'll fuck you up. be quiet ain't nobody cutting your hair. Now get me some scissors." Y/n pressed as Baji reluctantly got up from his bed and went to the drawer.

As Baji returned with the scissors he sat down only to feel something wet on his shoulder a few seconds after.

"I know this bitch not." Baji slapped his hand over his mouth as he witnessed Y/n ugly crying over the now broken hair tie. "Are you seriously crying?"

  "Fuck you, someone very important gave it to me." Y/n glared through teary eyes. 

   "Is it that boy you keep posting about?"

   "How-"

  "You shit post every 2 minutes Y/n, everyone knows you have a huge crush on this guy."

   "Whatever." The older female crossed her arms and pouted like a child.

   "We can burry it under that statue at the shrine." Baji tried to bargain in order to cheer Y/n up.

    Y/n grumbled for a minute before agreeing. "Fine but you owe me some mambas."

   As the two made it to the shrine they put the hair tie in an open spot under the statue. It was a good enough spot so that the wind or harsh weather wouldn't blow it away.

   "Let's this be like a scared thing for us." Y/n proposed.

   "You always including me in some witchcraft shit."

  "Shut the fuck up loser. I'm serious let's come back in some years to see if it's here."

  "You think we're gonna be friends forever. Even alive?" Baji asked with genuine concern.

   "Of course. We're gonna be together forever. I mean who's gonna be the most badass duo in Japan if one of us is gone." Y/n joked.

   "Okay but we burn it too." Baji laughed seeing the grimace on Y/n's face.

    "Okay we come back in hmm you're 13 so 13 years." Y/n said as they walked away from the shrine.

   "Pinky promise." Baji held out his finger. "Promise that we will grow old and rich together. With everyone else too."

    Y/n smiled at Baji before wrapping her pinky in his. "I promise."

flashback over

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   Y/n didn't realize she was sobbing until she found herself struggling to breathe.

    She took a deep inhale and sat on the steps with the hair tie in her hand.

   Y/n went into her jacket pocket finding a lighter.

   As she went to light the hair tie she spoke in a soft raspy voice. "You were supposed to be here with me damnit."

   Suddenly, the wind blew as Y/n felt a soft pressure on her right shoulder. As her head snapped to the right she could've sworn she saw white in the gust of wind.

    A soft smiled made its way on her face as she lit the hair tie. "At least I know you're there. I miss you."

   As Y/n watched the hair tie fade to ashes she felt a surge in her heart. She was done hiding. She was ready to be herself again.

   And that's how she found herself in front of D&D Motorcycle Shop.

  Y/n walked through the door her shoulders tense as the doorbell rang in her ears.

  "Sorry but we're closing soon." His voice was the same. Y/n felt her heart swell as she missed hearing his voice. His back was turned but Y/n knew it was him.

   "We're? I'm surprised you got people to work with you, loser."

   Draken stood as he heard the familiar voice rang throughout the shop.

   "Y/n?" He said not believing he was actually seeing the blonde in front of him.

    "Hi."

   All it took was a few strides for   Y/n to be engulfed in a hug. She instantly broke down feeling his arms around her. The longing for familiarity hit too hard.

"I'm so sorry for leaving you guys. I missed you so much."

  "It's okay, we know. Don't worry about it." Draken reassured Y/n as she cried in his hold.

  "All that matters is that you're alive and you're here."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~angst bcs the duffer brothers