12. Determined

Adya kicked the back of that guard's leg making him fall back. She grabbed his hand and took away the knife and out it right on that guard's neck.

Neel saw Adya and immediately rushed towards her.

Two of the guards who came outside held her arms and pulled her away from the guard.

Without thinking twice Neel took his gun and shot both of them.

Adya froze.

The gunshots reminded her of that night.

Adya felt her knees going weak. She was going to fall when Neel held her by her waist.

Neel: "Woah you good?"

Adya: "No."

With that Adya fainted in his arms.

Neel immediately picked her up and looked at the guards standing here along with the shocked shareholders.

Neel: "Anyone who will dare to touch her will end up like these two."

He looked at the two dead guards and walked away.

Neel slowly layed Adya on her bed and covered her with the blanket.

He was going to walk away when Adya held his hand.

Neel: "You're awake?"

Adya: "Yah, i didn't faint. I just feel really really weak."

Neel moved the blanket and sat down on the bed holding her hand.

Neel: "You need anything?"

Adya: "I know what's bothering me. It's the gunshot. When you shot the two guys, everything came back rushing and i felt way too weak."

Neel: "Then i should not use guns anymore."

Adya: "No. I need to face my fears. If i don't then I'll get more scared of gunshots."

Neel nodded in understanding.

Adya: "Take me to the training grounds. Teach me shooting. That will help I guess."

Neel: "Yah. It's a good idea. But for now you take rest and i will get your lunch."

Neel walked out of her room as Adya sighed.

She sat down and looked at the closed door.

Adya: "Bet he's gonna send a maid."

She scoffed and took her phone from the side table and started scrolling through her social media going through the comments of her post.

She was peacefully replying to few of the comments when one particular one catched her eye.

"If Neel Rathore is forcefully keeping you there and you need help post the pic of a flower next."

She started laughing after she saw that comment.

Keep her?

Forcefully?

Even her mother, the prime minister, couldn't keep her locked in a fucking mansion what can Neel Rathore do?

When she was laughing, Neel entered the room holding a tray of food and looking confused.

Neel: "Did anything happen?"

Adya: "Yah, people think you're keeping me locked up here like some kidnap victim."

She continued laughing as Neel shook his head and went towards her.

Adya: "Wait, you?"

Neel: "Yes me."

Adya: "No no no, you, you brought me food?"

Neel: "Ehh, i can't? Should I take it back?"

Adya: "No I'm just surprised."

Neel: "Surprised? Why?"

Adya: "I mean, you didn't come to see me for days so i thought you didn't wanted to see me."

Neel: "All i want to see is you Adya. No one else."

Adya: "Really? Then what was that maid doing coming out of your office last night huh?"

Neel: "Maid? I came back home very late yesterday and didn't even go to my office till today morning."

Adya: "Then"

Neel chuckled realising that the scrap file was most probably stolen by the maid.

Adya: "You going crazy?"

Neel: "No. But can you recognise that maid if you see her once?"

Adya: "Yah but for that you need to feed me instead of standing there holding the tray of food like some fancy Greek god."

Neel: "Yes, wait what"

Adya: "Forget what I said give me the food."

~

While everything was going rocky in Neel's empire, the world outside of his empire is absolutely in chaos.

All the ministers of the country sat down in the long table.

The president turned on the big television and sighed looking at the news.

News Reporter: "What is the ministers doing? What is the prime minister doing? Her daughter got forcefully taken away from her by Neel Rathore from right in front of her eyes and she is sitting still. How can she do it? Even though the few posts on Adya Arora's account showed that she was pretty well and also her Instagram updates said that she was doing fine, but is she actually? Or is Neel Rathore forcing her to do those? Is she being tortured? What is happening with her and why is the government not taking any action?"

The president sighed and turned off the tv. He looked at Anamika and sighed again.

Anamika: "It's not like i didn't try to get my daughter back. I did try. I even sent my men to get my daughter when she was returning from Saudi Arabia but Neel Rathore fooled us. He was back a day earlier than we knew."

Anamika looked away in frustration.

President: "And Neel's men shot you and your guards while entering the court room."

Central Minister: "Ahem, sir, i don't think it was Neel Rathore's men. Cause why would he send his men against someone who he could care less about?"

Anamika: "Care less? I am the prime minister. He should care about my each and every actions cause all my decisions from now on are only going to hurt him. I just need your permission president sir."

President: "This is no national issue, it's your personal issue so i can't let you use any military, army or air force. But i want your daughter back. I hope you remember the contract you made with me in return of the seat you're sitting on right now."

Anamika: "Sir, everyone in this room sitting around the table knows that Neel Rathore has hundreds of illegal businesses going around and still we can't arrest him?"

President: "We just can't arrest anyone based on something we know. We need proof."

Anamika: "I will get you proof then sir. I will."

Determination was felt in her voice.

She already made her mind to bring down Neel Rathore's empire but little did she knew that to do so, she will soon be standing in front of her daughter.

~

It's literally 3:41 am as I'm writing this lol.

I hope everyone reading this is having and will be having a great day \ night and hopefully this didn't turn out into a waste of your time.

Please look forward to the next chapter.

( ◜‿◝ )♡