Garra one shot ~ Yukis sacrifice

Start from the beginning

By sunset I was standing ontop of the building watching the band we had been warned about roll into town. My squad took down many and I did as well until they came face to face with the real threat the last ninja a rogue Jonin.

Garra I'm sorry. I apologized silently before confronting the large and dangerous man.

End flashback

I stared at the dead body laying against the dark alleyway from me. I had succeeded in defeating him which meant Garra was safe. Safe was all that mattered right? It didn't matter if I died so long as he was safe and sound.

Garras POV Noon that day

I busted through the front doors intent on running to my room but Temari and Kankuro stopped me hugging me tight. This was highly unusual so what was going on? Normally only Yuk-

"Your safe thank god." sighed Temari.

"Yeah why wouldn't I be?" I growled angry just wanting to go upstairs and let the pain out.

"Wait where's Yuki?" asked Kankuro their smiles fell away.

"Why should it matter?" I scoffed pushing through them. "You only paid her to be my friend right? By the way she quit!" I snapped about to storm up the stairs when Temari burst out.

"She what!" I turned shocked. Temari had a horrified look upon her face but horrified for the wrong reason and frightened.

"Garra." said Kankuro in a stern no nonsense voice so unlik him he demanded "What did she tell you?"

After I yelled the story out punching the walls and things leaving destruction everywhere my heart breaking tears flowing down my cheeks I heard Temari crying.

"Temari?"

"That stupid stupid idiot!" she cried stomping her foot.

"Who?" I asked.

"You and her! We never paid her to do anything other than be a guard! I called her today and told her to get you back here because rogues were going to attack!" Kankuro stepped up to her and continued "She knew if she said that you would have tried to face them. Damn her! She made sure you got back here which means she's back there right now facing them."

It felt as though the world which had been thrown off kilter by Yukis announcement this morning was set back in place. That made much more sense after all hadn't Yuki always said I love you and told others that I wasn't a beast? How could I be so stupid? I overreacted just as she had known I would. Damn her! Damn that stupid idiotic moron! Damn that beautiful girl who held my heart damn her damn her damn her!

"Yuki would never have said any of those things." whispered Temari "She loved you Garra she had asked me to help her ask you out...Yuki loved you."

For the second time today I felt agony and I struggled against the beast within.

"Come on send a squad were going out first." I growled at them. Both looked sad but nodded and raced off.

"Yuki!" I growled and punched the wall again leaving a crater. Only she could make me go from expecting a relaxing day out on the town shopping for her to pissed off and heartbrokwn to terrified frustrated and heart whole again.

"They'll follow soon after us but we need to hurry." said Temari I gritted my teeth and nodded before running out into the desert again with her and Kankuro.

Yuki you better still be there when I find you. I thought angrily.

I was frustrated by the time we had reached the village it was midnight. And from the look of the village from its wall the fight was already over. Nothing moved except a stray dog ripping into what appeared to be a corpse.