I must get into Miss’s good graces, must get rid of Boss Qu’s suspicions.

Both must be executed at the same time! That’s what I should do!

“Aren’t you leaving!” Boss Qu gave him an unfriendly look.

Forget it, I can only have a future if I’m still alive, thus let me leave for now. This matter has to be carefully planned.

Chen Junyan returned back dejectedly to the circus. Just as he thought, he was never again picked by Boss Qu, and could only look on helplessly as other people from the same dorm were chosen one after the other. When they came back, they would gather together in either a large group, or small ones, to talk about the Miss.

“Miss truly is kind-hearted. Not only did she ask me if I was tired, she also offered me pastries.”

“She doesn’t resemble master at all…They must not be related!”

“Amitabha, please let me be chosen tomorrow, and please don’t let the pastry tomorrow be durian flavoured.”

Chen Junyan grieved for them who had been bribed with just a few pieces of pastries- forgetting just who they had to owe for their current predicament, and forgetting what lay in wait for them in their future.

After he listened to a few more lines, Chen Junyan could take it no more. He lifted his blanket and sat up, sneering at everyone. “Have you all forgotten about the incident regarding Li Xiulan?”

Instantly, the room grew so quiet that a pin drop could be heard. Everyone stopped their conversations and turned to look at him.

“Don’t forget about her outcome.”Chen Junyan spoke in a heavy tone. “Her current outcome will be our future outcome.”

When everyone thought of the pitiful state Li Xiulan was currently in, they couldn’t help feeling the fear lingering in their hearts.

There were in total eight people here in the circus, and when adding Li Xiulan and another girl, there would be ten people. All of them were reserves for the circus. However, different from other circus’ reserves, who wanted to get a spot on stage using every means possible, none of them wanted to become a ‘big star’ of this circus.

“Also, don’t forget that once we too had a home before we were kidnapped and brought here.”Chen Junyan looked around at everyone, his gaze stopping on a young man. “I remember you said your family runs a sea shipping business and is quite rich. You’ve always been able to eat bird’s nest and sharks fin whenever you’ve wanted to since you were young. But now? A few pieces of pastries and you’ve already forgotten who you are?”

Those words reached right into that young man’s heart. He lowered his head down, sniff, sniff, and started crying.

The others weren’t feeling any better; none of them present had joined the circus willingly for they had all been kidnapped and brought here.

“…What’s the point of thinking so much?” Another young man who couldn’t stand the depressing mood, spoke up in a low voice, “We can’t go back anyways, so living to see another day is a day. If y’all want to make trouble, you can go ahead without me. I don’t want to end up like Li Xiulan. I’m going to try Miss’s path; even if I can’t be a person, being a lowly pet under Miss is fine as well.”