On the left was a young man who remained silent. He looked to be about fifteen to sixteen years old and had a figure which leaned towards the thinner side. He had stared at his black cloth shoes from the minute he entered, not once lifting up his head. Thus, Ning Ning could not clearly make out his facial features.

However, the young lady on the right was a complete contrast to him. She had been stealing glances towards Ning Ning from the start, looking as if she wanted a pair of arms to extend out of her eyes to peel off the mask, and get a clear look of Ning Ning’s real face.

Boss Qu gave her a slap. “What are you looking at, lower your head!”

One side of her face immediately swelled. She lowered her head, not daring to give Ning Ning another look.

Ning Ning inhaled sharply. “Pa, don’t hit her.”

This person you just hit is called Li Xiulan, the female lead on the poster outside of Life Movie Theatre’s entrance.

“Okay, I won’t hit her.” Boss Qu told her amiably, then turned around and continued his fierce manner towards Li Xiulan. “What are you standing still for, quickly give miss a show of your acrobats.”

“Yes.” Li Xiulan walked towards Ning Ning with head lowered. While walking, she flashed out nine linked rings. With her nimble hands, a flip showed the shape of a lanturn, another flip, and it was in the shape of a silver ingot. After that, there were more and more different patterns that were gradually increasing in difficulty: a government official’s hat, peony, and even a bicycle, this drew everyone present to applaud her.

However, nobody noticed that along with her flipping, her footsteps were gradually taking her nearer to Ning Ning, getting nearer and nearer…

Finally, the nine linked rings turned into a long rope. Then Li Xiulan practically exerted her entire body’s strength to rush forward and use the long rope to circle Ning Ning’s neck. Her eyes shifted towards Boss Qu’s direction and she proceeded to shout herself hoarse, “Let me go!”

Almost at the same time of her shout, she was struck down by a shoulder and flung a few meters away.

Li Xiulan cried out at the impact as she fell to the ground. After a clear look at her perpetrator, she yelled in despair, “Chen Junyan!”

Ning Ning took a few deep breaths before turning to look at the young man beside her who was supporting her up with an arm.

A profile that had been carved with meticulous care by god.

Generally when we say that someone is a beauty, they would either be beautiful because of their eyes, or nose, or lips, or chin. However, that was not the case for him as all his facial features were beautiful. Even just his profile was like God’s writing, like the faint warm sunlight shining on a piece of paper as a brush sketched out an extremely graceful curve.

Again, Ning Ning had seen this profile on the poster at Life Movie Theatre. It was the male lead, Chen Junyan.

At this moment, Boss Qu finally came back to his senses. He took a few steps towards

Li Xiulan. Right when Ning Ning thought he was about to whip her, instead he threw his whip down to the ground, then stooped down to grab a handful of Li Xiulan’s hair and proceeded to ruthlessly smash her head against a stone.