Chapter 10: Broken

*3 Months Later*

With the responsibilities of a 4th grader, a housekeeper (since grandpa made me take care of the house) and a baby sitter. I rarley got to see Michael anymore. And I missed him very dearly, from what grandpa told me he doesn't takes off the mask that I gave him. And he dosent even talk anymore not even to his own mom. Later that week when I went with Ms.Myers to see Michael we all had lunch like we usually would. But now it was different, no one would talk and Hardly any of us ate.

Despite my efforts to talk to Michael he wouldn't say anything back.

He just sat there fully masked, arms crossed and looking down at the table. Just when I thought the silence would go on forever, Ms. Myers broke it by pulling out a small photo and said "I found it, I thought maybe you'd like to hang it up in your room." But of course she got no response, when it was time for us to leave grandpa asked a nurse to stay and watch Michael. I let them walk ahead of me and looked through the window of the cafeteria door. I couldn't hear what the nurse was saying, but by the smirk on her lips and hint of attitude in her eyes I could tell she was being rude!

"Melody, come on sweetie we have to go" called out Ms.Myers. Just when my eyes were about to leave the window they froze up! Michael had taken the fork he was eating with and stabbed the nurse in the neck!! Before I could even mutter out a scream, a loud alarm went off and two security guards came into the room nearly knocking me over. One gaurd ran to the nurses side who was already dead, and the other grabbed Michael from hehind and held him in a tight grip.

Once grandpa got into the room he kept screaming "MICHAEL!!"

Michael's mom tried to help her son by taking his mask off. But once the mask was off, Michael screamed bloody murder and Ms. Myers fell to the floor. I kneeled down next to her and held her, but I couldn't take my eyes off of Michael. He gave my grandpa a menicing look, almost as if he was proud of what he had done..what was happening to my best friend?

*Later*
That night Ms. Myers didnt go into work, but I still came over to babysit boo. While I sat in the living room chair rocking her to sleep, Ms. Myers layed on the couch in a pink robe watching home movies and crying. I watched with her, they were about Michael when he was younger and when she was pregnant with Boo. Just watching all of this made me teary eyed, but I knew that if I started crying now Id wake this sleeping little angel in my arms.

When I looked back at Ms.Myers I noticed she was crying harder this time, but what I didnt see was the shiney black gun that she held in her hands. Just when I was about to ask her if she was alright, a loud BANG!! Filled the room.

Boo woke up and started screaming, noticing the blood on both of us and the dead body of a dear mother figure on the floor. Made me scream too, thinking fast I ran home with boo in my arms, told grandpa what had happened and called the police imediatley.