Chapter 2: Want to be friends?

During recess while all the other kids ran and played and laughed. I sat on a nearby bench and drew in my sketch book.

I didn't really mind being alone, but a part of me wished someone nice would come sit down next to me and comment on my drawing.

But just my luck I got the exact opposite of what I wanted. "Hey new kid! Move this is our bench." I looked up to see who said that, two older boys stood in front of me.

One had a mop of curly brown hair and wore a brown jacket and jeans. The other wore a black leather jacket and had short black hair. "What are you deaf? Move your ass!!" said the boy with the brown jacket, before he pushed me hard off the bench.Causing me to fall on my face in the dirt, not wanting to piss them off anymore I decided to pick up my sketch book and leave. But the boy with the leather jacket got it before I could. "Aww look at her baby drawings, they suck so bad!" They both laughed at that remark, ignoring them I got up and tried to snatch my book out of his hands, but he held it up higher so I couldn't reach it.

"Aww you want it little girl?! huh? you want it??!" but before I could even answer them, the boy with the brown jacket took my book and started wripping out pages!

"No!! Pleas stop!!" I managed to choke out, but the more I yelled the more pages got torn. Just when I couldn't take it anymore, the dropped my book and pushed me back down.

"See ya around new kid" they said before they walked away leaving me to pick up my torn pappers.

"Hey Melody, are you okay?" I looked up from my papers with tear filled eyes at the kind person..it was Michael!

I quickly wipped away my tears and went back to picking up papers.

"Yeah im fine, I just dont know why they did this to me I dont even know them."

To my surprise, Michael helped me pick up my things and helped me to my feet.

"They do this to everyone, but still its not right for them to do this on your first day..comeon ill help you fix your book."

Once inside he led me back to his desk where he pulled out a roll of ducktape. Before I knew it my sketch book was back to its somewhat normal self. When I had it back in my hands I couldn't help but smile.

"Thank you Michael! You dont know how much this book means to me."

Michael gave me a half smile and asked "Why dose it mean so much to you?"

My smile disappeared at that question, "Because...my mom gave it to me before she died."

"Oh im sorry Melody, what happened to her?" he asked.

I just held my book and looked down, talking about my mom wasn't exactly easy for me.

"Its okay, you dont have to tall about it if yoi dont want to. By the way if they ever mess with you again, tell me and I'll be there to help you."

That made me so happy, who knew that id go from lonely new girl, to new friend of Michael in just 10 minutes.