Chapter 4:First Kill

Later on at school when the whole class was done with every Halloween themed assignment we were given. We were given free time, so during this time I chose to sketch and tell jokes with Michael.

"Hey Mel I'll be right back" I figured he must of left to use the bathroom because he took the pass with him.

After I sketched about 10 different pictures of Jack-o'-lanterns and Ghouts, Michael still hadn't come back to class.

Even when the last bell rang he wasn't back, so I ran as fast as I could to the boys bathroom downstairs and knocked on the door. But i got no answer.

"Melody what are you doing?" I looked to see who had asked me that, it was my grandpa. "Grandpa? What are you doing here?" I asked.

"The principle called me here, don't worry your not in trouble, but why are you knocking on the boys bathroom?"

I blushed at the question, "I was..uh.. looking for my friend Michael. He went to the bathroom and never came back to class." I looked up at him hopeing he would believe me. But the serious look on his face made me really worried.

"Come on love, ill show you where he is."

Thats when it hit me! Michael had gotten in trouble and had been sent to the principles office!!

He had told me once before that he would get sent down there alot. But this would be the first time I ever witnessed it.

When we walked in, I saw Michael sitting on a bench looking really annoyed being there.

"Melody sit with him, I need to go discuss something with the principle and his mother." Doing as I was told, I quickly hugged Michael and asked "What happened? Why did you get in trouble??"

"..I got into a fight in the bathroom ok?" He said still sitting there with his arms crossed.

I turned to look at my Grandpa, who was trying to calm down a pretty pissed off Ms. Myers. "Well your mom's pretty mad that you got in trouble, I think the last thing she needs is a phycologic lecture from my grandpa."

Hearing that caught his attention, "That old hispter looking guy is your Grandpa?"

I nodded, "Yeah but he's not that bad".

Making sure that none of them were watching us, Michael grabbed me by the hand and ran with me down the hallway.

"W-where are we going?"I asked as I nearly tripped over my shoeslaces.

Michael didn't answer, we just kept running until we reached his locker. He opened it and got out his jacket and clown mask. After he put both of them on, he grabbed my hand again and took me to the woods behind school.

"Michael! We really should get back, you'll be in more trouble if they see you snuck out!"

"Shut up Mel!... just be quite...I have to do this."

I watched as Michael picked up a large tree branch. With the branch in his hand, he pushed me behind a nearby tree and hid behind the one next to it.

About 10 minutes seconds later, I heard footsteps of somebody walking nearby.

Before I could see who it was, Michael let out a scream of rage and someone elese cried out in pain.

"Oh! You are so fucking dead!" By the sound of his voice, I could tell it was the bully who was always picking on me and Michael!

I peeked from behind the tree and covered my hand with my mouth to prevent myself from screaming.

Michael was beating him to death!! So bad that the boy was bleeding heavily from his nose and mouth, and begging Michael to stop.

"Please!..Im sorry! IM SORRY!!"

My whole body was frozen and I could feel the tears coming in my eyes. Just when I thought Michael had a change of heart, he continued to scream and beat our bully till he completely stopped moving.

When he was finally done, Michael dropped the branch ans walked twards me.

When my friend grabbed my hand again, I pulled away and didn't look at him.

"Aw Mel dont be scared, I won't hurt you" he said as he ran his fingers through my ponytail.

I turned to face him with tear filled eyes.

"...Why?" I started to ask, but a sob escaped me instead. Through tears I could see Michael holding up a crumbled peice of paper.

Wiping away my tears, I looked at the paper.It was an ad for a strip club, on the corner of it was a picture of Michaels mom half naked. Stars coverd her nipples and and skull covered her private area.

"He showed this to me in the bathroom. Said he was going to make copies for the whole school, that's why we got into a fight Mel."

I nodded in understandment, I guess all that bullying just got to Michael and made him snap!...but did that boy really have to die??

"Come on we have to get ready for tonight"

said Michael as he lead me back into the school. I did my best not to be afriad of him and to ignore the fact that there was a dead boy on the ground.