Chapter 7: Grandpa's new Job

*11 Months later*

Ever since the whole Halloween incident, I became a loner at school.It just wasn't the same without Michael there.

He had been on trial for months now..atleast thats what the news said. Since he was now only 10 years old, they couldn't send him to prison. So instead they sent him to Smith's Grove Sanitarium.

Just the thought of never seeing Michael again gave me a major migraine and put me in a severe state of depression.

But when I got home that day from school, grandpa sat me down and told me the best news ever!!

"Melody sweetheart, I know that you've been upset ever since Michael was sent away. But im happy to tell you that I will now be Michael's doctor.

My eyes widened in excitement, "What? Really grandpa??" I askes practically jumpt for joy. "Yes love, but there are of course some conditions on your part." Hearing that made my smile disappear, "Oh..ok..like what?"

"Well ive spoken to Michael's mother, she said she'd be glad to take you with her when she gose to visit Michael every week. When you see him, you are not allowed to talk about what happened on Halloween or anything to..personal".

I nodded, sure I was disappointed that id only be able to see my best friend once a week. But i guess it was better than nothing. When I asked grandpa why I simply couldn't go with him to when he was giving Michael his treatments, he said that id be distracting Michael from therapy.

So on Tuesday of that week, grandpa started working with Michael and I was left home alone to take care of myself.

Remember before how I said I didn't mind being alone?..I lied.

Being home alone was boaring, T.V and junk food can only keep a nine year old intertaned for so long. I thought Id die of bordome for sure!

But just as if god himself had answered my prayers, there came a knock on my front door!

I opened it to find Ms. Myers and Boo smiling at me. "Hi sweetie, how are you?" she asked. "Im fine, how are you doing?" I asked hopeing she had gotten over the events from 11 months ago.

"Im getting by sweetie, I was just wondering if you had eaten yet."

I looked at her confused, "Umm no ma'am I haven't."

"Well I was just about to make dinner, would you like to come over and join me?"

I happily accepted, not wanting to worry grandpa I left a note saying where I was. When we got there Ms.Myers started making a spaghetti dinner, while me and Boo played peekaboo in the living room.

Until now I never knew how good I was with little kids. She was such a well behaved baby, I could see why Michael loved her so much. When dinner was ready, I put Boo in her highchair and waited for Ms. Myers to serve my plate.

I can't even put it into words on how delicious her spaghetti was. Just eating it made me remince about the times I ate my mom's home cooked meals.

So in a way Ms. Myers was like a 2nd mom to me. As we ate she told me about her job as a stripper. I didn't judge or look down at her for it. She said the reason why she did it was to support her family.

At one point she asked, "Sweetie would you like to babysit Boo? I know your only nine but I can trust you to take care of her."

With a nod I happily accepted the job, so everyday after school I went to the Myers house and stayed there till Ms. Myers got off work.

And to make things better Ms. myers went to our first visit with Michael.