Chapter Sixteen

Noah's POV
School is over me and James fall into a regular conversation.

"Wait James my cars in the shop and it should be done by yesterday," I say.

"Why didn't you tell me to take you to get it then,"

"Because I didn't remember," I shrug.

As we approach his ratty white truck we notice a figure, I quickly realized who it is. I push James behind me.

Adam still looks as crazed as he did the night he broke in.

"Oh, don't even bother," Adam says starkly.

James pushes past me anyway, slamming his knuckles into Adams nose. Blood pours out of it and his eyes start to water. He wipes some of the blood on his hand and stares down at it half in shock.

For someone who claims he's in love with James he sure doesn't know much about him. If you watched James and never spoke to him or watched him around his friends you'd think he's pretty damn defenseless, but once you get to know him you realize that he could ruin you in so many ways.

And he will if he sees it necessary.

"James?" Adam asks pathetically.

James looks at the blood on his knuckles and remembers he was holding the chicken he hands it to me and gets closer to Adam.

"You need to stay away from me ," He spits venomously.

"Hey what's going on here?" The football team approaches with Sean leading them, "Is this guy fucking with you?"

They notice the blood on Adams face.

"James I love you," Adam says desperately.

"You need professional help, I don't love you, I don't fucking know you,"

"Felix please," Adam says dejectedly.

James is over taken by a look of pity.

"Whose Felix," He asks gently.

It's amazing how James can be so kind to someone like Adam. He stalked him, harassed him, but he's still sympathetic.

Instead of answering, Adam pulls a wrinkled and worn picture out of his wallet.

A guy with striking likeness to James, except his hair is straight and eyes are blue, is on Adams shoulder laughing happily, in the picture Adams eyes lack the frantic emotion that constantly plagues him now instead joy fills them.

James hugs Adam, it takes everything in me to let it happen. The football team is in shock.

"What happened to him," James whispered once he was done retreating back to my side.

"He's alive," Adam whispered back, "But he's in a coma, he has been for three years, god I haven't visited him in a month,"

I suddenly understand how Adam could what he did. Hell I realize I probably would of too.

Adam sniffles pathetically.

"I got a call from the hospital a week ago but I didn't answer it,"

James nods carefully.

"Noah you're sitting in the middle," I frown but accept it, at least I can keep him away from him. I set the chick carefully on my lap

James slides into the drivers seat.

"Adam get in, we're visiting him,"

Adam gets in fearfully.

"What hospital is he in?"