Chapter Three

Noah's POV
It's just occurred to me I have no idea what his car looks like, fan-fucking-tastic. I stand in the middle of the parking lot looking around.

"Aye dick head, over here," James calls me over to his truck.

A faded white pickup truck sits in an employee spot. Who the fuck parks in the employee spots like, prick much. I hop in,

"Why'd you park here?" I ask gesturing to the employee only spot.

"Mrs. J let me," he says with a wink.

"So you did sleep with her," I say raising an eyebrow.

"No I graded her second periods papers," he says chuckling.

"So you paid for the spot,"

"No I told you she let me use it," he says with an eye roll.

Okay so maybe he hasn't changed that much it's really sweet.

"WAIT," I yell as we pull out of the parking lot. He slams on the breaks.

"WHAT THE FUCK MAN," he says angrily, "THIS IS WHY YOU DIDNT DRIVE HERE,"

"No I'm just hungry let's get falafels," I say glad I could make him panic.

The egg starts screaming.

"Oh you stupid mother fucker," I mutter rubbing it, he clicks the heater and it starts to join the egg in its screaming.

"Oh shit, why is your heater trying to summon demons?" I ask almost dropping the egg.

"I rigged it my self, you're lucky it's even working at all," he says once the egg stops screaming.

He quickly turns off the heater, sighing at the new found silence.

"The ac doesn't work at all," he says looking at me, proud of his truck.

For a second I remember elementary school, when he'd show me all sorts of shit for just a little bit of approval. Now he's proud, not doing it for anyone but him self. Wow was that a wave of nostalgia.

"I'll rig one of the cup holders to keep a warm temperature," he says pulling into the falafel place.

"Try to keep it above 95 degrees," I say rubbing the egg before putting it in a glove.

We walk in and order some falafels, fries, tzatziki, and grape leaves, he flirts with the cashier and makes it where we don't have to pay. She slips him her number on the way out.

We get in the truck and he looks at me, seriousness all over his face.

"If you spill anything, I will jump you, and I will have the guys help," I laugh but I know he's not joking.

"Like you could take me- oh no don't tackle me I'll spill," I laugh as he struggles with the moral dilemma.

We both get in the truck, it groans when he turns it on and pulls out of the falafel place.

"Wait no take a left here, we're going to your house aren't we, last time I came through we went left," I say poking him,

"No this is a short cut, dumbass you go straight and it takes you through a back alley, where if you so chose you could get weed, and than go left and it takes you directly to my house with out angering the people who yell at poor Casper," he says rubbing his wheel fondly.

His truck basically purrs back at him.

"Whatever if I get shot I'm keying your, precious casper," I say shrinking into my seat.

"You wouldn't dare, they won't shoot you if your with me anyway though, they like me,"

"Why?" I ask realizing he's shivering.

"Because I make them dinner on tough nights," he says proudly. He pulls over into a shifty corner store.

He goes inside and comes back out with a little piece of very fluffy cloth the type that they put in winter jackets. He quickly cuts out a little pouch for the egg and sews it together with a little kit from the dash board he hands it to me and I put it on the egg. It fits almost perfectly leaving just the eyes of the smiley face poking out.

He goes in again and comes out with two cups of coffee, and hands one to me.

We get back on the road, and all I can think is:

This is the same kid from elementary school, just better at hiding it, and a tad more independent.

A/N
These chapters are all so short damn this feels like a filler too but I kinda do want the next chapter to wait, hopefully it'll be much longer.

On top of that I feel like After the next chapter I'm gonna get the wonderful taste that is writers block but I'll try to avoid it lol.

Much love Byyyyeee <3