Chapter Five

Noah's POV
It's just occurred to me that we didn't eat our falafels yet. No worries though Kyle took the liberty of eating James for him, I grab mine before someone can do the same to it.

"Tyler, I was gonna eat that," James says disappointedly.

"It's mine now," Tyler says laughing obnoxiously. James joins in grabbing a beer.

The other guys already have drinks in hand, I force myself onto an armchair and grab one myself. Julia glares but once James is sat down she sits in his lap.

She plays with his hair possessively while everyone argues on what board game to play.

"Monopoly," I say raising an eyebrow successfully challenging, an entire foot ball and one of their girlfriends team to an alcohol fulled blood bath.

They take this challenge, with a grin, James does not get up instead, a guy who I've learned in this time, to be called Alex, grabs the game without even asking where it was.

We start and by the time most of us are on the third beer, it's starting to get crazy.

"SNAKE EYES BITCHES," A guy names Liam says with a grin.

"It's not even your turn," Alex says raising an eye brow,

"Plus that's not snake eyes," I say laughing.

It was actually some kid named Sammy's turn and he actually succeeds in getting snake eyes.

"Ooo, instant win, that cards pretty chill," he says mouth full of something.

James snatches it with a chuckle. He flips it over revealing the go to jail card.

"Oi you motherfucker, what did I even do to deserve this?" Sammy asks angrily mouth still full.

"Well for one you're quite literally attempting to consume my hotel piece. What are you? A goat?" James says holding out his hand, "Spit it out,"

Sammy spits it into his hands.

"Whatever mom," he says wiping spit from his mouth, "Wait which piece am I again?" He asks hand hovering over the board.

I take a swig out of my drink.

"The thimble dumbass," I say laughing.

"It's not that bad, just roll doubles to escape," Alex says laughing.

"Or, I saw Liam draw a get out of jail free card, and I'm offering-" he pulls out his wallet and counts the cash, "20 real life dollars, for that card,"

"Deal," Liam says taking the money, and handing the card over.

It's James turn. He rolls the dice for a total of 7.

He lands on a property and buys it, the last open property.

It's Liam's turn, he lands on a property with all this shit to increase prices.

"Oh fuck no, I'm not going bankrupt today." He says glaring at Alex who the property belongs to.

He flips the board. Prices scatter everywhere, Julia flinches and James covers her, he gets absolutely pelted with monopoly pieces. He winces with pain, I finish my beer and grab another.

"James," I slur, probably noticeably drunk but whatever, "Why isn't your mom here?" I ask raising an eyebrow.

He furrows his eyebrows.

"I have no idea actually," He states suddenly worried.

He grabs his phone, checks his messages.