Chapter Eight

James POV
Noah and I walk back to my room where I sit back on the ground and hand him the bottle.

"I'm thinking of locking all the alcohol in the house," He says staring down at me before joining me.

"Why?"

"Because I don't want this to become a daily occurrence," he says, "James I really didn't edit that video, I'm gonna need you to trust me on this,"

"I think I did trust you it," I say, "But I can't figure out whether I trust you or it's residue from when we were younger,"

His eyes are sad, he rubs my back.

"You can trust me James I'm not gonna do shit to you," he says smiling.

Noah's POV
I want to run to the store- but I don't want to leave him here alone.

"James you're gonna need to start closing your windows," I say.

Speak of the devil I hear a gentle snap. The cat walks into the room, and I hear footsteps.

I shut the door and lock it. The egg starts screaming on the coffee table in the living room.

I grab his phone, he does have the app luckily. I open it and find the security. A car pulled up and a grown ass man got out of it.

It's not his father, for one his father and mother both work the same job, for two I've met James dad and that sure as hell isn't him.

"James do you know that guy," I ask showing him the security.

He frowns fearfully and seems to instantly sober up.

"Fuck no," he says petting his cat the egg still screaming, "Oh shit, the egg, he might throw it against a wall, I'm gonna go grab it,"

"Are you out of your fucking mind, our grade is not worth that much,"

"Nah, but the baby chicken is,"

He walks out of the room, I take this opportunity to scroll through the camera footage and notice this man has been coming in every night there wasn't another car in the driveway for a year now.

On top of that Julia has also been coming in and out for about a month.

James POV
I walk quietly into the living room and see him in the kitchen, I grab the egg and warm it up so the sound doesn't give me away and run back up stairs equally quietly.

I walk in to the room to see Noah looking absolutely horrified. He turns my phone towards me the thumbnail for a shit ton of late night footage is all this man's car in the drive way, except for a few this month which was fucking Julia's car.

I grab the egg warmer and slide the egg in and hope it stays on. My cat crawls into my lap.

"What the actual fuck?"

"He leaves around five in the morning every morning," he says terrified.

"That's when I get up for school," I say half terrified.

"He might of been watching you sleep, you haven't noticed anything missing,"

"You mean aside from the occasional fact my water is full when I definitely drank it before I went to bed," I say panicked, "No not fucking really,"

"Come to think of it I've seen his car outside our school," Noah says.

"What the fuck,"

"Aww," he says voice quivering with fear, "you have a secret admirer."

I hear the footsteps, on their way to my room.

"Oh my god, we should call the police," I whisper.

The door nob rattles.