Ch 15 - Death Met Love

(A/N: Omg Brypu guys. Get your gays here. It's been 15 chapters)

Camp Oasis (Focus: Inpu)

It had been a few days since the horrible socialization event. After that and three days of an even chattier pantheon, Inpu had enough. He stopped by the Infirmary to visit Magnus and then went out to read and take a walk, a very long walk.

The afternoon stretched into the evening, the moon beginning to peak. He sighed and closed his book, taking in the quiet chitter of the wildlife and the smell of fresh air. All was well.

Or it was.

Inpu's ears twitched. 

"What the...," he turned towards the sound and followed it. He found someone sitting on a log near an unlit campfire, crying. He winced, getting ready to leave, but something inside him felt compelled to help that person. He got closer, making sure his footsteps were louder. 

"Are you ok?" he asked them. The person turned around and, oh, it was Bryan. His eyes were puffy and the streams of tears could be seen even in the darkened light. He flinched when he saw Inpu, who stood still.

Bryan scrubbed at his eyes in vain, as he just continued to cry. Inpu walked slightly closer, "Do you mind if I sit next to you?"

Bryan scooted, wings folding in on himself. Inpu sat down, putting himself at the edge of the log.

"Want to um...talk about it?" he offered?

Bryan's wings slightly opened, "Well, if you don't mind...yeah."

He took a deep breath, "I...I messed up. Hard. I hurt almost everyone in camp..."

Inpu inwardly winced, but kept a calm facade, "Is that why the other Greek campers were acting hostile towards you?"

Bryan sniffled, "Yeah. I got, well, possessed, to be frank. By a sword."

Inpu hummed. 

"This sword...it made me corrupt, made me want to hurt others. At one point," he scoffed wetly, "I even killed Kay...And I've been hiding in my house ever since..."

He unfurled his wings and looked up at Inpu, "I...don't want to get into it more....you must be disgusted, scared even."

Inpu frowned, "And this happened last year?"

Bryan frowned back, tears slowing, "Yeah?"

Inpu sighed, "Did you know the sword was bad?"

"I didn't...why does that even matter? I literally committed crimes."

Inpu scooted closer to Bryan and placed his book down. Looking him dead in the eyes, he said, "If you're trying to make an effort to fix your mess and fix yourself, I don't see why they should still be scared of you."

"But-"

Inpu shook his head, "No buts. You aren't possessed anymore, you seem to have been taken advantage of, and you decided to stay away from camp to help the other campers feel safer without you around. I'd say that's nothing near mali-"

He sneezed, "Sorry, malicious."

Bryan sniffled, looking back at the campfire, "...you really think so?"

Inpu nodded. Bryan shakily inhaled and exhaled. Inpu moved closer and patted Bryan on the shoulder. Bryan gave him a small smile; Inpu blushed. 

Bryan then stood, "It's late."

Inpu looked up. Though the moon was out, it wasn't full enough for him to see properly around himself. He sighed and grabbed his book. He got up and offered a hand to Bryan, who stared confusedly.