14 | Fighting Desires

For a moment Kian felt like a complete stranger

For a moment Kian felt like a complete stranger. He closed his mind and allowed himself to pretend that the boy in his arms would want him in the same way he did. His hand moved on Enzo's waist, taking a firm hold of his side, pulling him closer, holding him firmly against his body. He was sure if his desires went rampant, he might once again lose Enzo.

He wondered why Enzo wasn't freaking out with their closeness as the boy leaned his head on Kian's shoulder, mumbling incoherent song lyrics against his neck and allowed Kian to lead him away from the red head. His face was so close to Kian's exposed skin that he could feel the roughness of his chin against his cheek. Kian resisted the urge to breathe in his familiar scent and bath in the tingling sensation of Enzo's skin against his.

"Hey, Enz," Kian dipped his head down to speak into Enzo's ear. The boy simply hummed. "Are you sure you don't want to dance some more with that redhead? You seemed to be enjoying her company."

"Didn't I come here to make amends with my friend? I wouldn't trade it for some redhead trying to get free passes of my concert for her friends." His words came out a little slurred but he said it as if he couldn't believe Kian thought he would spend the night with some random stranger. Kian could feel the pace of his heart pick up when Enzo tugged him towards his side and smiled up at him.

"Was she really trying to seduce you just for the concert passes?" Kian glared towards the said girl.

"I'm sure she couldn't seduce me even if she wanted to." Enzo slurred into his ear. "Stop glaring at her and let's get out of here. We still have a lot of catching up to do."

"Where exactly are we going now?" Kian frowned at the boy. He realized Enzo already had a place in mind as he stepped away from Kian and threw a hand over his shoulder. They walked to the table where Audrey was sitting with a bunch of girls from their college and she stopped to look first at Kian then at Enzo.

"We're leaving. You have my number on the speed dial, just in case." Kian bent down to speak in Audrey's ear, his eyes moving towards Jackie for a second and back to her. Waving a subtle red flag at his roommate, he let Enzo drag him until they were out the door.

Kian had no idea where exactly they were heading in the middle of the night, drunk to their last sane brain cells. But the concern turned into curiosity as Enzo pulled his hand and they were running across the empty street and up to a small clearing where a tour bus was parked.

"Are you kidding me, Enzo Santiago?" Kian asked in awe as Enzo unlocked the back door of the bus and stepped aside to lead Kian inside. As Kian took one hesitant step up the stairs, his eyes narrowed at the cozy interior of the bus. It was a moving bus style moving apartment with a lounge area, bunk beds, and a galley kitchen.

Enzo shut the door after him, standing in silence at the stairs as Kian picked up a drumstick from under his shoes and placed it beside its twin lying idly among the other musical instruments. It was indeed a musician's tour bus. He had seen them in movies and now he was standing inside one of them.