One second before collapsing.

After the meal, the elders decided it was the right time to rest.

"Yin Yu has prepared a room for both," Hua Cheng commented as they headed toward the southern part of the mansion. Xie Lian knew that place. He had walked each of those mysterious corridors before, and his luck had caused him to open the wrong doors more than once.

Yin Yu heard about his bad experiences and mentioned to the Supreme to allow the god to have a guide to the martial god, something like a personal attendant.

Obviously, Xie Lian refuted that idea, but after several negotiations, he agreed.

However, his guide was a silver butterfly created by the Supreme. That one appeared only when the martial god requested its help, so Hua Cheng thought it was ingenious to perform the same for those two souls.

"They will help them find their way," Xie Lian mentioned to the juniors as he noticed how they watched the silver creatures in his hands.

"Yin Yu has increased security around the place. Your highness need not fear for the welfare of the two of you," Hua Cheng explained before opening one of the doors.

The room for the minors was simple, with a large bunk bed in the middle of the room.

The martial god walked over to the bed and sat in the right corner, beckoning with one of his hands to Honghong-er, who did not hesitate to approach and raise his arms towards the god.

Hua Cheng only rolled his eye in exasperation before carrying little Hún Lì and leading him to where the opposite side of the bed.

"Your Highness deems the place appropriate?" The Supreme asked.

His lover scanned his surroundings. "They only need the basics. Once again, San Lang has bestowed his gratitude upon me."

The Supreme smiled. "Your Highness will always have support from me. Even if you decide to keep them, this humble will take the responsibility of supporting you in everything."

The martial god could only smile as he looked down at the lesser one in his lap, keeping his slight blush away from his beloved.

Honghong-er placed his head on the elder's chest to yawn. In turn, Hún Lì hugged Hua Cheng while closing his eyes.

Both elders watched as the little ones slowly drooped from exhaustion, so they stopped talking to allow silence to lull those souls to sleep.

After a few more minutes, the children's chests vibrated slower, so they were carefully laid down on the bed.

Hua Cheng made sure they were both comfortable before walking with His Highness into the hallway of the room.

Xie Lian let out a small sigh of exhaustion as the door closed. He then brought two of his fingers to his own forehead to appease his own distress.

"I didn't expect to start the spring with this kind of situation."

The god himself had shown tenacity and hope before his acquaintances, however now he could accept that the situation with both souls would not be easy.

"Gege need not worry. We have seven days to decide what should be done with them. And if things get out of hand, we will both work it out," Hua Cheng commented before bringing one of his hands up towards his partner's shoulders, massaging gently to try and release their tension.

Both the god and the supreme understood what would happen if things went wrong, and neither wished to be involved with it. But Xie Lian understood that the person who should be having the worst time was his beloved.

Analyzing everything from another perspective, those little ones still did not understand anything about the world and had already been rejected by him. Their story was like someone else's, but the difference was that Hua Cheng had had the maternal love that kept him alive for the first years of his life.

The martial god had never heard of the mother of calamity, even hearing of his past before Dianxia was taboo. But what he knew was that, in the early years of his life, Hua Cheng had a mother who loved and protected him very much.

Even in the paradise manor, one could find four sculptures of that female silhouette. Of course, Xie Lian had noticed the resemblance between them, so his curiosity got the better of him and he asked about it. And from the vague answer, he discovered that those statues were only the brief memories that the supreme one had of his mother.

When comparing both stories it was impossible not to want to relate to them and at the same time reject them. The two souls still had their creator, but she refused to even observe them. Fate always took more than two paths for each person.

"Let's go rest, even if we want to do something, the answer won't come at this time," Xie Lian commented before walking towards the room they both used as their quarters in that extravagant place. "Besides San Lang looks spectacular together with children."

While the god's words were so simple, the Supreme's eye was noted slightly dazed before its owner frankly held his beloved's hand.

"When the time comes for your Highness, this humble one will be completely fascinated."

The meaning behind those words made Dianxia laugh lightly before shaking his head and directing them both to their rest.

They had commented regarding that time and after discovering all sorts of artifices and pills in the ghost town, Xie Lian had no doubt that at some point in his life he would get to have that experience with his beloved.

However, the time was not yet right.