Those warm and cold nicknames

The first reaction to those words was better than Xie Lian had expected.

The supreme quickly tried to separate the boy from his robe to turn to the god, keeping a calm expression.

"Gege must listen to this humble. I have had no descendants neither in my mortal nor spiritual life," San Lang remarked.

Those words almost caused Xie Lian to laugh, but noticing his concern, he just nodded before walking over and standing at the height of that child, who observed with tears at Sang Lang.

"Is something wrong?" Xie Lian asked, but he did not obtain his attention. So, he decided to try another way, "San Lang, I think you should try. He seems to be trying to tell you something."

Unwilling to disregard his lover's request, Hua Cheng turned downward to observe that childish version of himself.

Their similarities were frighteningly accurate.

"What's wrong?" Hua Cheng questioned. When the young heard his voice, he was surprised to get an answer. "If it's nothing, shut your mouth and get away. You're disturbing his Highness".

"Da...", the younger boy tried to utter that word once more but apparently changed his phrase. "Bad."

Along with his words, the minor pointed towards the Supreme's right eye, and then he repeated "No" once more.

Hua Cheng understood the message and snapped his fingers, causing his appearance to change to the previous one. Once again, the black patch found itself over his right eye.

"What's wrong with my eye? It's better than that ugly red eye", Hua Cheng commented before pushing the boy away from his robe and observing his highness once more.

Xie Lian smiled as he noticed that the little one looked calmer after witnessing his real appearance. And besides, he still was trying to move closer once again towards the Supreme, uttering "Da" from time to time.

"Apparently, you already have a son now", Xie Lian joked, watching how the ghost once again tried to peel off the little boy hanging on his robe. It was amusing to think that a small child was going to annoy one of the scariest ghosts.

And remembering that he was just a child, Xie Lian searched for the other minor who admired the painting Hua Cheng had drawn.

"Incredible, isn't it?", Xie Lian didn't want to sound narcissistic about his appearance. He talked about the work his partner did.

The boy nodded before turning to Xie Lian and stretching his arms out towards him. Obviously, the god didn't know what he wanted, so he turned to the ceiling, looking for what the minor was pointing at.

When the minor was ignored, the child let out a whimper and then uttered "Dad", causing the God to let out a small laugh to look at him once more and then lift him into his arms. Finally, he understood what the child wanted.

One of the few memories he still had of his childhood was him being carried by his father. He loved to feel superior for a few moments so he could admire things from another perspective. However, after climbing so high, he fell so hard that he had decided to seek a lower but stable height.

"It is very beautiful. Hua Cheng drew it some time ago and the canvas is still intact", Xie Lian commented to the little boy, who was looking curiously at that portrait of his past. Sometimes it was embarrassing to see that image. He knew that he would never be that Crown Prince of Xie Lian again.

"Your highness is who increased the beauty of that humble work," Hua Cheng commented, appearing beside the god. On his leg still was the child, but he looked comfortable and interested in the image they were discussing.

Xie Lian let out a small laugh at his words. He could neither deny nor affirm it. He knew that humility should be kept inside his words. On the other hand, if it was Hua Cheng or San Lang, he did not hesitate to admit that their appearances quickened his heart.

The Supreme was about to comment something else when the temple door was abruptly opened. Some loud footsteps echoed over the entrance.

"Dianxia, why is Cuo Cuo here?".

That voice was familiar to both of them.

Behind them, there was an agitated Feng Xin who had forgotten his polite manners by bursting into the temple like that.

However, this God was shocked by the image before him.

The most feared Calamity in all the realms had a tiny version of him on his leg. While, His Highness who pleased the Gods was carrying who seemed to be a tiny version of himself, but albino.

They even looked like such a warm family that it sent shivers down Martial God's body.

"Wait... What have you guys been up to these days."