That one who scares by himself

Hua Cheng examined the children's movements, mainly the little crimson-eyed one.

It was not common to see the Supreme so concerned, so Xie Lian quickly stood before him to prevent him from taking any actions to hurt the minors.

"San Lang, wait. We must be cautious," Xie Lian muttered towards his partner before looking at the little ones, who were perplexed by the red-clothed person, "We don't want to hurt you. We just want to know who you are."

Even if his words were full of warmth, the presence behind the God was overbearing that the small white-haired person stand up in front of the other minor, trying to protect him.

Xie Lian did not know what he should do. Those white eyes looked with strange courage towards the Supreme, while the other boy watched with his teary eyes towards who seemed to be his brother.

"San Lang," Dianxia called out to the Supreme, but he seemed focused on the red-eyed boy, "Hua Cheng."

Saying his name was common but doing it with a harassing tone was not, so that man quickly looked at his beloved with his typical anguished expression. Xie Lian knew what that look meant and could distinguish the falseness in it.

"I need you to go out or calm down a bit. They're both intimidated by how you're looking at them," Xie Lian mentioned.

"I think Gege should consider what this humble one has said. They should not stay inside this temple if they are both carrying the Star of Solitude," Hua Cheng changed his attacking posture to the typical indifferent expression, putting away his weapon.

"If something bad happens, it must be because of my luck, not them," Xie Lian commented and raised his hand to lure Ruoye back to his arm, which obediently let go of the smallest kid.

Then, Xie Lian slowly walked over to where the children were, smiling tenderly at them as he noticed how that older boy looked so much like his childhood image. Except for his white hair and eyes.

"Are you okay?" Xie Lian asked, trying to communicate with them, "Are you guys hungry? We have food here... Also, can you talk, though?"

Dianxia decided to try another way, so he looked around for something that might help them.

"Talking to them won't do. Allow me, your Highness," Hua Cheng mentioned before raising his hand and allowing several silver butterflies to emerge from his sleeve.

Both children looked amazed by them. Even the little white-haired boy followed one of those butterflies to where the temple offering was, forgetting the little boy who followed almost running after him.

"Their trail is not easy to perceive. I will announce to Yin Yu to start looking for something similar in the ghost realm. But it is so faint that I can hardly feel in this part".

Not sensing the trace of two children similar to them could only mean one thing. They had been placed into those locations by someone else. Maybe someone intended to attack the god and supreme with those minors.

"But they seem to be harmless. Even, E-Ming and Ruoye are calm around them," Xie Lian commented, "Should we ask anyone else? If there is no trace in the Ghost City, we could investigate in the second realm. And if we find nothing, perhaps looking for answers in the Imperial City would be effective."

The Supreme snorted as he listened to his last sentence. He knew that if they went to that third reign, they would only have the attention of many Gods who would not know a single word regarding what they were looking for. It was more efficient to seek information from the Green Lantern than from those gods.

"Yin Yu is taking care of Ghost City. Let's do it around here. There must be a clue or something implicit", Hua Cheng commented and snapped his fingers. His appearance quickly changed to his jovial San Lang look.

To the nearby villagers, seeing this young man was common. He always helped at the temple. And sometimes, he helped in the neighbouring lands. In addition, young unmarried women would visit the temple more frequently to see him.

"Good, then you could start with the northeast part and ask if anyone has inquired about two children. I'll try to keep them quiet while you investigate there.", Xie Lian commented, observing the young man's jovial appearance with a small smile then bringing his hand up to arrange a few strands of his hair. "You should stop upsetting the hearts of the ladies in the neighbouring houses. Seriously, I've turned down at least ten marriage proposals in the past few months."

San Lang could not help but laugh as he noticed the harsh tone behind those words.

"This humble one is only interested in receiving the proposal of a union by Dianxia."

Facing someone as honest as he still made him embarrassed, but he still liked that personality.

"Enough wasting time. We should check if we can...", Dianxia was interrupted by an additional presence in front of them.

The little one with the crimson eye clung to San Lang's robe, watching with a great pout and tears in his eyes at the red-clothed guy.

"No-o...," his fearful voice subtly could be heard when they kept silent.

They were confused, why was that child crying while watching San Lang?

"Did you get hurt?" Xie Lian tried to get his attention, but the younger one still was looking pitifully at the Supreme, who was puzzled by his crimson eye.

"No," the junior reprimanded once more, looking dismayed for wanting to say something more. He even thought for a few seconds before saying, "Bad Dad."

Both the martial god and the supreme were perplexed to hear his words.

Now, it was urgent to have answers.