A Countess Needs A Maiden

Start from the beginning

"Ottopusso!" Codie exclaims as he takes the stuffed toy from Heisenberg and hugs it. He looks at you and grins, making you smile back at him. Daciana smiles and gets up with the empty milk glass in her hand.

"I shall bring refreshment." she says to you, gives Alcina a glance and walks out of the room. You look at Heisenberg and watch him as his eyes follow the maiden. Once she leaves, he looks at you and smiles, placing his hands on his lap.

"You went to Miranda's then?" you ask.

He raises his eyebrows and parts his lips "No, not me..." he says and looks at the door frame. You frown as you turn around to see what he's looking at.

"Donna!"

She stood just before the doorframe with her hands crossed in front of her. Her expression was as innocent as you remembered it to be. She was wearing her black dress and her veil was absent from her face. She looks at you for a moment to take in your expression and then grins.

"How are you?" you ask with a smile as you walk to her. She crosses her hands behind her and takes two steps into the room.

"I'm alright. I'm a bit tired." she smiles and looks at Alcina "Sister." she says and gives her a small nod.

"Donna." you hear Alcina say as you keep your eyes on Donna. She smiles at the greeting and looks at you again.

"You went down there?" 

"Yes." she says and looks down "Heisenberg asked me to pick up a few things-"

"Seriously?!" you whip your head around and glare at him.

"What?!" he frowns as he holds Codie's wooden horse in his hand "I don't know if you've noticed but I've been busy babysitting." 

"How could you ask her to go down there after what happened-"

"No, Y/N. It's alright." Donna cuts you off, making you look at her "I accepted." 

"That's besides the point. It's not right-"

"I'm not afraid anymore, Y/N." she takes your hands in hers and looks at you "I can't be when you're so brave." she smiles. You peer into her eye and smile widely.

"Well, it looks good on you. Bravery." you grin, making her giggle and look down. Suddenly, Daciana walks into the room with a tray that had a teapot, four cups and a large decanter of what you thought might be wine or blood. She gives you a small smile, showcasing her deep dimples, and walks over to Alcina to place the tray on the side table. Your eyes leave Donna and follow her.

"I must go back home." Donna draws your attention back to her.

"No, no. Please stay for a while. You're exhausted-"

"No, I just..." she looks down and sighs "I just want to be on my own for a little while. It's nothing personal."

"Of course." you smile at her. She looks at you and smiles back.

"Don't rush, Donna. I'll escort you out. Least I can do." Heisenberg walks to you both and sips on his tea. Donna nods and smiles. 

"I'll wait outside." she gives you a smile and walks out of the room. Heisenberg looks at you and takes a sip of his tea.

"Jonathan asked her to bring back a few more goodies for you to help you with your research. It's down in the basement." he takes another sip "If you'll excuse you, I have a sister to see off. See you later." he says and walks out of the room. You cross your hands behind you and turn around to look at Alcina.

"That's too much, you spoil me!" Alcina speaks softly to Daciana as she lightly touches her arm. Daciana grins and places the decanter on the tray.

"A little indulgence never hurt anybody." she says as she picks up the teapot.