Puppeteering Is An Artform

"CASSANDRA, PUT THE BUCKET BELOW HER NECK!"

.

"Mother, please! I didn't do it-"

"DON'T YOU EVER SPEAK TO ME!"

.

"How much longer?...Oh, dear! I can't look at her like this, Cassandra! I want her back, now!"

"Yes, mother! We're trying our..."

.

"What did he say?!"

"The Duke gave me this ointment, mother. We must..."

.

"Mother, please drink a little-"

"I DON'T BLOODY WANT ANYTHING! I WANT HER BACK!"

"Mother, please!..."

.

"Her breathing is much steadier today, mother."

"Oh, thank the Black God! How much longer?"

"Mother, I'm trying-"

"YOU'RE MY DAUGHTER, CASSANDRA! ACT LIKE IT! I WANT HER BACK, NOW!"

.

"Mother, her wound is...healing..."

"Oh, the Black God is merciful!"

"No, I mean...the flesh has almost...grown back."

.

"Mother, Y/N wouldn't want you to trigger your mutation. Please, drink a little for her."

"I don't want any, dear..."

"Please, mother?"

.

You feel something cold and wet being removed from your face. 

"I'll replace the cloth, mother. Please, drink something while Daniela and I are gone."

You feel a few drops of a liquid fall on your feet. A huge weight was suddenly placed on your legs.

"How am I going to live without her, Cassandra?" you hear Alcina sob. Her weeping was being muffled. You feel her sniffling against your feet.

"Daniela, go to the bathroom and wet it again. I'll wait here." Cassandra speaks.

"Okay..." you hear Daniela mumble.

You slowly start to regain consciousness. You take a moment to try to feel your body. The pain on your neck was barely there. You feel a heavy blanket on you with your feet exposed. You feel two large hands massaging your shins. This could only be Alcina. You feel her forehead on your left foot and her hair on your shins. She was weeping on your feet.

You take your time to open your eyes. As they fully open, you look down and see Alcina crying on your feet as she knelt down on the floor. Her fingers continue to massage your shins as Cassandra sits in the corner, rubbing her temples with one hand. 

"Will you drink something if I feed you?" you manage to speak.

Alcina yanks her head up and looks at you. Her eyes almost popped out of her sockets. Her shock ridden body completely paralyzed her in that position. 

"Y/N!" Cassandra gasps and runs to you.

"Y/N?!" Daniela runs into the room from the bathroom and weeps.

"Girls..." you mock and grin. You wince a little as your smile pulled on your wound.

"Y/..." Alcina tries to say your name but tears come out of her eyes, instead. You try to sit up and smile at her.