Prologue - Framed

Start from the beginning

"Oh... How's your mom?" He asked, "Because according to this list, not very well." 

"You got me." You admitted, "She hasn't got much better. And I think she got fired." 

It's true. She got fired a while back, about two weeks ago actually. Her drinking habits got so bad it costed her her job and it sent her into a depression, which led her to drink even more. You were grateful that she hasn't started taking drugs, at least. Or hope she hasn't. 

Now the two of you were both living in a small apartment and are just barely scraping by on rent, but You make due. 

"Alright..." He sighed. "If this is what you want." 

"Don't get everything," you requested. "I'll just pick up a couple of beers and tell her they were late on a shipment." 

He smiled at you. "That's my girl." Though he didn't approve of lying, sometimes you had to for the ones you love. He set down the list and went into the back room again. 

You leaned over the counter and waited once more. 

TING-A-LING 

The front door bell jingles behind you, signaling someone else had entered the store. 

You looked behind you and see, walking into an isle, was a man with black hair in a punk style. He looked to be in his 40's and he was wearing a white v-neck t-shirt, a belt, and blue jeans. He also had numerous tattoos littering his arms and hands, and also had a cigarette between his lips. 

You quirk a brow as he looked at the numerous bottles of alcohol with a dirty smirk.

The man took out a switchblade and used it to crack open a beer bottle and down it. Your eyes widen. What was that guy doing? He didn't even pay!

"...Alright, it took a minute but I think I got some of what was on your..." Eddie finally stepped out of the back room holding two or three bottles of rum and saw what the strange man in the isle was doing. "Hey!" 

The strange man looked at Eddie after his 3rd or 4th bottle and flipped him off. Eddie made a weird scoff-like sound of offense and ran into the back rooms to grab the phone, probably to call the police. 

The strange man seemed to take this as his cue to make a run for it and grabbed as many bottles and bolted for the exit. 

But as soon as he touched the door handle-- 

CRASH! 

The entire liquor store doorway and some of the walls were blown to pieces and just floating above the rubble was... What is that? A robot? It is all white and rectangular like a bar of soap with a black screen.  

The strange man made a less-than-manly scream and threw everything he was holding into your arms and jumped behind a fallen snack rack. 

"Wha--" you exclaimed. "Hey--"

The robot suddenly heard you and saw what you looked like right now. A total untrustworthy stranger holding a dozen bottles of alcohol in an empty store. The robot's expression turned unhappy and frowning. The word 'GUILTY' flashed red on its screen and alarm lights appeared on the side of its head and flashed brightly. 

The robot's sides opened up and mechanical arms came out and latched onto your wrists and ankles! 

You drop everything you were holding and look at the robot in horror. "Hey- Hold on! We can talk about this-!" You pleaded, terrified of what this thing could do to you. 

It didn't seem to care as a propeller sprouted from the top of its square head and crashed through the ceiling with you in tow. 

~~Now~~

Oh, life on the outside ain't what it used to be 

Y'know, the world's gone crazy,

And it ain't safe on the streets.

Well, it's a drag, I know,

There's only one place to go.

I'm comin' home.

Woah yeah, 

I'm coming home. 

CUCKOO-CUCKOO

CUCKOO-CUCKOO

"YES!! My favorite time of the day!" The Warden cried joyfully. "JAAAIILLBOOTTT~!!" 

The Warden wiggled impatiently in his seat and waited for his son-- I mean, Jailbot to come in with the catch of the day. 

The robot crashed in through a wall as per usual and held something behind his back. Whatever it was, it was writhing and making muffled crying noises. 

The Warden jumped from his seat and over his desk and bounced excitedly in front of Jailbot. 

"What is it? What is it?" He asked like the child he was, then begged, "C'mon c'mon, lemme see my newest prisoner!" 

Prisoner?! You thought in a mix of shock and horror. But I haven't done anything!

Jailbot smiled and pulled his robotic arms from behind his back and revealed you to the Warden, wrapped up in shiny red ribbon with a comically large bow on your head. You had been gaged and your eyes were watery but even you could seen the Warden's face fall behind your welled-up tears. 

"Huh... I expected them to be more... Criminal-ly." He said the taddest bit confused by your state. 

"Put them down, Jailbot." The Warden commanded. "I wanna see what we got here." 

Jailbot's face turned sad but complied. The robot tore the ribbon off you effortlessly and left quietly. 

Now it was just you, the Warden, and the unforeseen future ahead.