9. Needing You

TW: mention of sexual assault.

******

Colton:

Walking into the loud crowded house with Dave, Gabe, Alice, Leo and Steven, I can feel my face set in a familiar scowl. I don't even want to be here, especially when Lily isn't, but Dave sounded excited and I didn't have it in me to ruin his mood.

"I'll grab the drinks!" Gabe yells over the music once we find an empty couch to sit on and he drags Steven along with him.

"I feel bad for leaving Anne alone." Alice pouts next to me and Dave pulls her to his chest. I feel bad about that too, but it's not like I can do much about it.

"Sweetheart, you asked her a hundred times and she said she was fine. She's probably studying now." Dave caresses her head lovingly. "You're allowed to have some fun on your own. She told you that, didn't she?"

Alice nods her head sadly and Dave chuckles at her. I'm glad that Lily has a friend like Alice. She's a good person. She makes Dave happy too, which means she's automatically on the list of people I respect.

"There you go, man." Steven shoves a red cup in my hand but I hand it back over to him with a shake of my head.

"I'm good." I'm done fucking drinking. When I saw fear in Lily's eyes this afternoon, it fucking unsettled me. I don't know what happened to her that made her so scared of someone drunk, but I'd sooner fucking perish than see her look at me like that. So I'm done drinking.

"Since when do you not drink at parties?" He asks with a frown, gaining the attention of the rest of our friends and I glare at him. I usually drink my fucking ass wasted at parties so I'd be a little less aware of the crowd and the hundred different possibilities of being accidentally touched. I also mostly do that when I need a fuck. The first time I ever tried having sex without being intoxicated was in that fucking restroom before I met Lily. And it was goddamn traumatizing even when we never actually had sex.

"Since fucking now." I clench my jaw and he sighs, nodding his head.

Dave catches my eyes and he grins at me with that damn look that tells me he knows exactly why. I roll my eyes with a huff. I don't fucking want to be here.

The party gets louder by the minute, more people walking inside than the ones going upstairs. I'm starting to get a headache but when I see Dave and Alice laughing as they dance to the loud music I don't complain.

"Hey there, handsome." A feminine voice grabs my attention and I look beside me to find a girl in a red dress smiling at me seductively. "Aren't you on the football team?"

I almost roll my eyes. I don't get why women go batshit crazy at guys who play sports. It's like they come to these parties to fish us out. Maybe it's because we're in good shape. Or maybe it's the stamina. Whatever the fuck it is that she's looking for, I'm not interested.

I remain silent, quietly scooting away from her when her perfume hits my nose. If it's not lavender, I don't want to fucking breathe it.

"You look tense." She puts her hand on my arm and I freeze. "How about you take me upstairs and let me help you relax?"

"Don't fucking touch me." I spit the words out, blinking through the unwelcomed memories rapidly as I shake my arm in an attempt to remove her hand. Only her hold tightens.

"I'll make it worth your while." She whispers in my ear and a wicked disgusting shudder echoes through me as I shrink away from her.

"I said don't fucking touch me." I growl at her but she somehow finds that inviting because she puts another hand on my thigh.