Phone Calls, Serious News, and Hand Crushers☎️🗞👊

Start from the beginning

He put a hand around my waist and I helped him up from his hump back position.

"I'm assuming you were heading back to the hospital room?" I said, lightly dropping his hand off my waist.

"No, yeah. Totally." He nodded profusely.

"Cool, I just got off a call with Katsuki, and was just about to go back in as well." I smiled.

"Oh really? I was calling Uraraka." He said, as we walked over to our room's door and clicked it open.

We opened it to find a doctor with a solemn look walking out.

I shrugged at Izuku as we stepped out of his way.

He passed by us and we caught a wiff of his cologne and holy shit was it strong.

Izuku started choking out after smelling it.

Literally choking though, because he inhaled some of the smell, swallowed his own spit and it went down the wrong pipe I guess.

I furrowed my eyebrows and slapped his back as hard as I could.

He coughed out a ton of spit and I gagged a little.

Bleh.

He looked to me and started laughing after seeing my face.

"You're the one who deep throated your own spit and gagged on it." I muttered, shooting a glance back.

He punched me lightly in the arm.

We walked back inside the hospital room.

Tenya sat with his hand on his knees, staring at the floor.

He looked nervous, or maybe upset. It was hard to see with the glare in his glasses.

"Y/n, Midoriya. Iida just got his test results back." Shoto said, quietly, turning his head to Tenya.

He was quiet as well, before breaking the silence. His voice slightly shakey, "My left hand. It might have damage that's.. permanent."

My face fell.

"What? Permanent?" Izuku asked, worriedly.

"Both my arms were pretty torn up internally. But the injury on my left arm was especially severe. There was damage to my brachial plexus. Which means I'll have trouble moving my fingers. My hand might also experience frequent numbness. Apparently, there's a chance it could be healed with nerve transplant surgery." He said, his voice more hopeful to the end before the tone dropped yet again.

"When I came across the hero killer, I stopped thinking rationally. The first thing I should've done was call Manual." He mumbled, solemnly.

I felt bad as he started explaining further everything he had done wrong, he seemed to be invalidating his own emotions.

"I got lost in my own anger." He paused for a moment. It was easy to tell he was thinking of something else as well that clearly bothered him. "I hate him so much, but I can't deny he spoke the truth. That's why, until I'm able to call myself a real hero, I'll leave my left hand as it is."

I could feel my eyebrows furrow in confusion.

Shoto shot his head to Tenya, "Are you sure?"

"No." Me and Izuku said at the same time.

We looked to eachother with a small shrug and I ushered him to continue.

"Iida, I feel the same way. My hand is a reminder, too. Let's get stronger. Together." Izuku said, as he nodded, holding his fist up.

Okay clearly me and Izuku were trying to get his attention for different reasons.

I was going to fight him on the fact about his hand but Izuku wanted him to stay with an immobilized one?

I seriously don't get these two.

I sighed.

They already agreed about keeping Tenya's hand all wonky so I wouldn't push it.

I'd just silently call them cuckoo to myself.

I walked over and plunged myself on my bed, to stare at the ceiling.

My wings fluttered across the bed, rubbing the sheets.

"I feel kind of bad." Shoto said.

"About what?" Tenya and Izuku asked.

I put my phones volume really low and turned on my music app.

"Whenever I'm involved, someone's hand gets all messed up." Shoto said.

I cocked up and eyebrow while scrolling through my songs, listening to their conversation.

I clicked a sped up version of the song Bad Habit by Steve Lacey and closed my eyes softly.

(There's the version I like for anyone who may want to listen to it. Though all the variations of the songs are so good.)

"It seems as if whenever in involved someone's hand ends up smashed." Shoto muttered.

"Is something wrong with me?" I heard Shoto ask.

I turned my head a little to face him.

"Am I cursed?" He said, his face dread with horror.

"Todoroki, I didn't know you had a sense of humor!" Izuku laughed, as Tenya chuckled beside him.

"This isn't a joke. I'm like the hand crusher or something." Shoto worriedly said.

I choked on my own laugh as Tenya and Izuku shouted, "THE HAND CRUSHER?!" Hysterically.