Fabio - Matermind part 2

5/7/22
Welcome to the mastermind of Fabio part two.

Why is Fabio so good?

Before we talk about Fabio, first let's talk about Enea.
I acknowledged that Enea is hopeless for his dream title due Fabio leading far away with 67 pts. ahead of him at the moment. He said in the interview that he accepted the truth "he's out of the title fight."
In my opinion that's not true, Enea still has a chance to challenge Fabio and same as others. He is just being so pessimistic about it and this might be the reason why did he crash out a lot lately after winning at Le Mans.

Enea lost his confidence for being too pessimistic, including he's under lots of pressure for competition for the Ducati factory seat however, this kind of negative thought used to happen with Fabio, the reigning world champion and who also leads the title at this moment.

"the pessimistic mindset." Fabio kept thinking about the speed of his bike due it's not as competitive as others, his bike can't afford him a horse power to fight with the Ducati and this thought pushed him into a dark pace. If you could remember, Fabio had a difficult time at the beginning of the year: Qatar, Argentina and Austin. (At Mandalika, it was miracle that he finished 2nd after struggling with the bike and a tricky condition in the whole race, even himself couldn't believe that he actually finished 2nd, Fabio said by himself.) Of all time he was worried about the speed of his bike but after racing at Austin he realized that he had to stop thinking about it because it wouldn't make anything better but brought him down to the deep sea.
After escape from a negative mindset, Fabio has been putting more focus on the race and continued improving his skills. After that he's more confident and less stressed and when MotoGP was back racing in Europe, Fabio instantly took his first win of the season in Portimão, Portuguese GP.

Even so, his bike is still the same, not competitive and slower than others but somehow he can make it to be fast. Take a look at other riders who ride the same bike as him, such as: Andrea Dovizioso, Darryn Binder and his teammate Franco Morbidelli who rides the exact same motorbike as his, but all of them are in the back of the grid, it's just only Fabio who can be on top.
People say Fabio's skill is suitable for the old bike back in 2019, he was a rookie who got 7 podiums in his first year, as I said not many rookie who could do this, he's special and brilliant.

How can he do that? 

You should have seen how great he can stay on his bike the balance he has it's just fabulous.
Beside training with motocross, Fabio also plays golf and surfing.These side sports are the answer how could he get that amazing riding style.

Well, Fabio hadn't been falling off his bike since at Algarve in 2021 that was his first and last DNF of the season but in that moment he's already won the title.
This year 2022 he fell down twice at Assen, first one was his mistake, second was the technical issue and of course we don't see him makes mistakes so often, it's very rarely. And one again this is his first DNF of the 2022 season, will it be the last? As I remembered before he crashed in Assen, Fabio only fell down in free practice, first at Cota in qualifying and Jerez in free practice. I'm not sure about Cota but in Jerez was technical issue.

Since the Yahama bike hasn't been as competitive as it was in the past, what all the Yamaha factory has achieved on these days it comes from Fabio's pure talent. Fabio is smart, he understands his bike so well likewise he has accepted that his bike isn't fast enough, comparing to others and especially the Ducati, so that he has to make a good pace in qualifying to start at a front row, it will give him a chance to take the lead at the first lap because that's the only way to drive him can obtain the victory. 
Fabio was capable of doing this strategy at Portimão, Catalunya and Sachsenring and he won them all with finishing by far ahead of the riders who classified at 2nd with 5.409, 6.473, 4.939 seconds in following each race.
Fabio tried it again at Assen but he failed, he crashed and took Aleix out to the gravel with him, which is he has to serve a long lap penalty in the next race at Silverstone for putting other riders' lives in danger. This is w fair if we go back and look at all the incidents that happened in many races earlier.
However, the next race at Silverstone will be hosting in next month, 7th August.

Good luck

Back at Catalan GP when Taka took Pecco and Álex R. out at the same time, I was repeating that video over and over and I noticed something. "if Fabio wouldn't have overtook Aleix in that first lap he would also have gone down as well" due Pecco's bike was going directly to his position, Fabio was so lucky. What if he wouldn't overtake Aleix that would be a massive unbelievable disaster. (Just like it happened at Assen)

After all, Everything depends on our mindset if we believe in it then we can do it. And now I truly think that we already understood why the mental health is very important in this sport.