The world championship favorites Pt2: Unstoppable Fabio

23/6/22
World championship favorites Pt2: "Unstoppable Fabio"
Fabio, Enea, Pecco, Johann, Aleix.

Unstoppable Fabio

Unstoppable, untouchable for the young French man, I have to remind you that he's only just 23 years old boy and right now he is one of the best riders in MotoGP.

Fabio is a new winner of Sachsenring circuit, he is also a different winner in the last ten year in a premier class who won at Sachsenring.
History has been recorded that he has just took a victory for the Yahama for the first time since Vale's last win in 2009 at German GP.
Fabio said he was so tired after the race due he had been sick all the weekend if you can notice he was coughing a lot in an interview and when he was on a podium. Even so, an illness couldn't stopped him from taking a victory.

Rivals' mishap

Not just me but all of us though that Pecco had already woke up from his nightmare, in Mugello, yes but the in title dual, no.
Do you get deja vu?
Is history repeating again?
Just like in the last year Pecco started the season as the world championship favorite and then he missed the races almost half of the season but after the fall he would win, but at the end of the day he couldn't fight back against Fabio because it was too late, is it happening again?

Well, It seems to me that Fabio's title rivals all have faced with a different kind of a misfortune.

Number one title contender "Pecco Bagnaia." He is 6th in the world championship standing. Pecco couldn't escape a bad luck; he made a mistake and took Jorge out at Lusali, strange crashed at Le Mans, he was one of Taka's incident victims at Catalunya, strange crashed out again at Sachsenring. He basically has 4 DNF of out 10 races, 91pts. behind Fabio in the title standing. His title hope have just vanished in the bink of an eye.

Number two title contender "Aleix Espargaró."
Aleix is 2nd in the world championship standing, he's been doing so great since Portimão but in Catalunya he made a rare mistake threw away his home GP podium, and letting Fabio leading even more points ahead of him than it should have been.

Number three title contender "Enea Bastianini."
He is 4th in the world championship standing. He has as 3 DNF; in Portimão, 2nd in Mugello and 3rd in Catalunya.
As far as I concerned, Enea isn't confident for battling for the tile, he thinks he doesn't good enough, comparing to what Fabio has achieved and his mindset is the only thing that just disturbing and distracting him?
(I cannot say anything more about Enea's case, this is just a theory that came from the way he acted or said in the interview, it might be true or it might be not.)

(for more details about each race you can go read my another article "MotoGP™ 22 before/after races" to find out what happened.)

Out of the blue

Well, who would have thought that Johann will join the title battle. At the moment he is 3rd on the table after making a consistently work, he finished 5th at Le Mans, 4th at Mugello, 3rd at Catalunya, 2nd at Sachsenring and what's next? Can he take his first win in a premier class at Dutch GP?
He have said in press conference on today (23/6/22) that if he can take a victory he will do his famous black flips. (We are hoping, Johann!)

To be honest, Johann is fast and consistent enough to deserves a Ducati factory seat but unfortunately, it won't be happened due the Ducati factory wants to promote young blood riders.
For the title I think Johann might be close but not enough for challenging Fabio, same goes to Aleix.

Road to the title

Fabio has been improving better and better he said that he always learning from his mistakes and the problems he faces inside the pit and his positive mindset is pushing him has more comfortable and confident, all of these make him untouchable.
With 3 victories and 6 podiums so far, Fabio leading the world championship ahead of Aleix 34 pts. And after ten rounds he obtained exact the same point as last year with full 172 pts.

Fabio is going to win the title even before a summer break. And there must be only consistent Pecco, confident Enea, Joan on Repsol Honda and healed Marc that can battle with the "El diablo."

(Picture from Motogp)